1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this guy like me?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Makaio1, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Makaio1

Hi,

So background story is that I added this guy who is in the LGBT(GSA) club at my University on FB. We didn't know eachother and never met but we had mutual friends and common grounds for discussion as we are both doing study abroad next year.

So we just started talking and stuff. Then he asked what I was doing on the weekend, and asked me if I needed to go food shopping which I did so we ended up going food shopping together (sooo romantic? right! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) with some friends. Then, later on he randomly asked me if I'd ever fallen in love with someone before? We talked for a little bit, the discussion was rather vague and then he asked me if I was bi or gay and we were both in the LGBT group. I told him I was gay, he also said he was too and said he was "happy that he'd found someone he could talk to about stuff" which I thought was great. I needed someone like that too.

But then, we went to watch a movie together, didn't really flirt or anything. He told me he had a really great time with me. And then he asked me if I'd like to go to a gay bar with him - either with friends or just me and him? He then text me later saying "Sweet Dreams :icon_wink"

Does he just see me as a friend, or is it more? Am I thinking too much about it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Your questioning it too much. Just go with the flow man. Hang out if you want to and see where it goes. Worst thing that could happen is you make a friend. Friends are always a good thing to have more of. Best thing that could happen is it leads to something more and that is usually good too. :slight_smile:

3. TheJoker

Real question is do you like this guy?

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Pretend to fall over and if he grabs you feel how strong his grip is the stronger it is the more he likes u!

5. ShebbsIsAwesome

what if he just doesn't see him fall?

6. frostreaver

Nah that doesn't always work. Awhile ago, I almost slipped on ice, my gay friend then grabbed me and placed his arms around my shoulders and squeezed me. Turns out he didn't like me in the romantic way.

7. Flyers2011

I agree with Pepsi. Go with the flow, befriend him, and see if that leads you to anywhere. Right now he might be so estatic to have met another gay guy that he gets a long with, he might not have any romantic intentions . . . . .yet.

It's always better to be friends with someone, than to jump right into a relationship. You get to know the person better. What if you befriend him and you find out he's not really your type? That way you guys can just be friends, with no romantic attachments. If you jump into a relationship you don't get to see that until it's too late.

8. Makaio1

Thanks. (And to Pepsi too). I did initially think this and I really like having a gay guy that I get along with. I feel totally comfortable around him. I will just go with the flow and see what happens - I'm not the best person at reading signs so hopefully if there were any, it'd be obvious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The only thing I worry about is that if we become friends, end up dating, and then break up that it'd ruin the friendship...or is that just a common misconception?

I'm not too sure on my feelings for him at this time...I 'sorta' like him, but I guess I just need to hang out with him more to see if these feelings grow or whether he likes me back...

9. Makaio1

yeah, he just gave me a list of gay-themed movies to watch...nothing remotely romantic/hitting-on etc. so I think he just sees it as being friends... I guess I'm cool with that...

10. Mr.Pushover

You're over-thinking it! xD

That doesn't mean anything. Just go with the flow

11. Flyers2011

The thing about when people break up and they can't be friends, some times its true. Sometimes its not. It depends on the people involved and what happened that caused the break up.

Personally, I haven't been able to remain friends with any of my exes. The first girl, well, she broke my heart and treated me like shit. So there's a no there, and we couldn't get a long because I have a habit of busting on people when they lie.

The second girl, well, she's my first ex's best friend. I'm sure you see a lot of problems with that relationship xD.

I think if you guys were mature enough you could remain friends if a break-up occured.

Just give him time. A lot of the time, romantic feelings develop from friendship. Give it time. Good things come to those who wait.

12. Makaio1

Yeah, thing is. We are both going away for the summer. Me - America, Him - China. And then we are both doing study abroad programs; Me - America, Him - Holland. So, after June - we won't see eachother until Fall 2012! :frowning2: - I just really would like to see where this goes - whether our friendship grows or its something more. So I feel time is not on my side lol. Or it could be...just a LOT of time lol.

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2011 at 02:08 AM ----------

Yeah, I know. It bugs me that I do it...but I've never had a relationship with a guy (or a girl for that matter) so I just get really confused with certain signs etc.

13. Flyers2011

Skype him! If you guys develop a good friendship try to make sure you guys stay in contact! With all these new fangled internet stuffs you can keep in contact. Who knows, the more contact you have with him, the faster feelings might grow. But you'll only know that if you keep in contact with him.

About not having a relationship before and feeling awkward, just relax. Don't overthink things and be yourself. Nothing's hotter than that :wink:. But seriously you can't over-analyze things or you'll doubt yourself. If you doubt yourself, you'll have trouble connecting with im.

14. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this statement. I do the same thing about EVERYTHING. My friend calls it my "cement mixer" and so now we all call it my cement mixer.

Turn off the cement mixer and just keep in touch with him! If he's wants you, the distance will only make it that much more powerful for him (and for you too, maybe? :icon_wink)

15. Ianthe

My guess would be that the two of you both probably feel about the same way at this point. So, get to know him better, and you can both find out how you feel about each other.

As to all the traveling, there, too, you can just see how it goes. It actually might be better if you hold off on anything more than friendship until you are both back--the distance could destroy a romantic relationship that hasn't been established, while a friendship should survive, and could still potentially become romantic. But it's possible that as you know each other better, you will have very strong feelings, and not want to wait.

16. Makaio1

So, I stayed in his room last night and he told me that he 'just wants to be friends'. I can deal with that, I guess, better than nothing at all.

17. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

OH MY GOSH KAISER! Congratulations, this is what you were totally talking to us about before!

I think that it was much more than a friendly meeting of you too. He seems to really like you if he wants to go threw that much effort spending time with you, and finding way to spend more time with you. Just be calm, and try and move smoothly with him. If you think that this could go somewhere then just ask yourself the question "do I like him?" and if the answer is yes then pursuit him.

This is so wonderful. PM me we can talk about it more.

18. Makaio1

Thanks Ty,

I was gonna PM you but I won't let me :frowning2: It was great to spend more time with him, we talked for hours about our 'coming out' situations and past experiences. It was really nice to open up to someone. He then showed me a gay-themed movie - I love Phillip Morris - and we watched it together before going to bed. We shared the same bed and I got caught up in the moment and told him that "I liked him" for him to say that "he just wants to stay friends for now". I felt extremely awkward but nothing seemed to change the next morning. I just hoped I haven't scared him off...

19. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

You didnt dear.

You just found a good one, a slow moving one.
    They tend to be more considerate and passionate. Sometimes coming with baggage, which he might have shared a little with you already, but defiantly one of the better people to be involved with.

Take it slow and remember to keep everyone posted! :wink: