1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

child abuse?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ALieToDieFor, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    I dont know if this would be the right place for this but here it is.
    Sorry for it being so long but Its the story.

My little brother is super annoying and he is one year less than me and shouldnt be like that.
    He is like seriously mentally retarded or something, not over exaggerating either.
    Well sometime I hit him in the head for his idiocy and until recently its never been a problem.
    He goes to my mom and she usually says "go away" or something like that.
    Its just siblings being siblings right?
    Well a few days ago he told my mom I did it agian and she like flipped out and my dad got all pissed as well.
    He asked me why I did it and I told him " because he is so annoying he never leaves me alone and everything I say goes through one ear and out the other is pisses me off!"
    So he said "and you dont think being hit in the head gets annoying?"
    I responded with " Yeah I imagine it would be but at least its not as annoying as him."

So I just walked away.

I hit him in the head agian yesterday and my dad wasnt home so he just told my mom agian.

She agian flipped out and we started yelling at one another.
    So out of no where she tells my dad today and he starts yelling at me and what not.
    And I tell him the same thing as the first time but Im yelling at him now.
    "He walks into my room without asking. He never listens to anything I say.
    Everytime we tell him to clean he just starts humming,whistling and singing. He shouldnt be allowed to waltz in my room without my knowledge."
    The whole time I am saying this my dad is pointing at himself and saying " No thats my room I pay for it you dont own anything in it.I could take everything out of it if I wanted."
    over and over agian.

I couldnt help but thinking how wrong he was because I payed for the computer, the computer desk, the wirless mouse/keyboard, the Tv in my room and Half of my clothes.
    Yeah it was his money but its called working my ass off to get it.

So anyway I "end" the fight by yelling " god your lucky!" and slamming the door.

After I have sat down ready to respond to a message on myspace he opens the door and ask,"How am I lucky?"

" Because you would have one less son if * Frustated noise *"

" If what?"

"If I was old enough to move out!"

Apparently I was "looking at" him "stupid"
    because he got so pissed as to hit me in the face and throw me on the bed and grabbing my throat to choke me.
    It didnt scare me one bit because I have gotten over the fear of him hitting me.
    (He has done this more than once )

So I look him in the eye just as I was before and say "dont you put your hands on me"

He agian gets mad and chunks me to the floor and still Im looking at him and he tells me agian to stop looking at him stupid.
    ( I wanted to tell him " I would if you would stop BEING so STUPID.)
    But he interupted me before I could say anything.

No joke, I hate my mom,dad and younger brother.
    Its not all based on just this one thing but it certainly does add to the collection.
    I would go to the police but that would just make matters bad.
    I wouldnt have any luxuries at all with my mom because she doesnt even make enough money to pay her own bills.My dad pays ours and MOST of hers.
    I dont know what to do really.I dont want to stay here but there is no one to take me in or no one willing to at least. gah! I just want to freaking die sometimes.

#1 ALieToDieFor, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  2. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

You say your dad hits you,and you don't like it.Now if you don't like being hit,then why hit your brother?In the head for that matter?It doesn't matter if your brother is annoying,mentally challenged,whatever,don't hit people just cause they are annoying you!I'm sure its got to be tough for your parents,since it sounds like you are just getting by wit bills and what not.Remember they have stress to,and you hitting your brother ins't helping you at all or your parents.They are justified in yelling at you for hitting your brother.Sure you bought some things that you earned,it is your parents house,so technically its their room not yours,gonna have to accept that.Appreciate what you have man.From what you've written,it doesn't sound like any child abuse.

3. xequar

I don't give a shit what a minor child has done, NO parent has the right to CHOKE their kids. Seriously, if he does it again, call the cops. Spanking is one thing. Grounding is one thing. But punching in the face and choking are so far over the line!

Oh, and don't hit your brother. That ain't cool at all.

4. ALieToDieFor

first off we are fine with bills.
    Its just my dad has to pay my moms....
    She is the one that makes him this way.
    It used to be me my sister and him and he was the best...
    Until my mom came along and runied everything.

EDIT:
    I find it funny he doesnt like when I lightly pop him in the head
    and he does it hard to me?
    On top of that even more than a slap to the head?
    And technically its my stuff not his.
    It can be in here but if he chooses to take any of it then Im gone.

5. Alex89

I can sympathise with you, but you shouldn't complain if you do the same thing to your brother.

Would your dad be choking and hitting you if you weren't hitting your brother?

Try to just calm down and stop the violence, don't give your dad a reason to (though physically abusing your son has no excuse, but neither does hitting your brother).

Remember that to your dad, it's just as justified hitting you as you feel about hitting your brother. Sort it out without going to extremes.

6. Louise

Ok first thing is to calm down. Of course you are upset and hurting inside, this is normal. As far as I am concerned YES this is child abuse and you are also being abusive to your brother, I don't say he doesn't deserve it but it is still abusive.

Your dad has no right to hit you, whatever you may or may not have done. That goes for you and your brother!

There seems to be a complete of lack of respect and communication in your family. You need to start by asking both your parents to sit down and discuss this with you. You can tell them what upsets you about your brother and that if they are willing to inforce certain rules like the fact that he should knock before entering your room and leave you alone when you feel you need time alone to be quiet, you will stop hitting him and try to take a bit more notice of him.

Your brother's behaviour is attention seeking behaviour. He annoys you, you hit him, he goes to your mum, you get told off, he annoys you... and so the circle continues.

Are you sure there are no close friends or family members who could take you in for a few weeks (or even a week end) for a cooling off period, to let things calm down a bit?

Hang on in there, stop hitting your brother, punch the bed or a wardrobe or anything but him, but you have to try to speak with your parents and let them see how unhappy you are. This is not good for you or your brother to live like this, this is child abuse.

If this continues you might want to look into child abuse support agencies which will be able to help you cope with this. You are not alone, we are here, we will help you as much as possible. (*hug*)

7. ALieToDieFor

No =/
    I am out of state for a time being and wont actually be back to my hometown for a few more months.
    So I dont have anyone to go to as of now.
    But I think Ill try your suggestion.

8. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Louise. This is abuse. There is no reason a parent should choke or punch a child. Hitting your brother is also abuse. Find alternative ways to vent your anger--punch a pillow, go for a run, do anything but continue the cycle of violence. I grew up in an abusive family, and I know how hard it is to break the cycle when that's all you've ever known.

If there is anyone, a school counselor, a minister, priest, or even a teen hotline you could talk to about your feelings, you should. You didn't say if your father treats you like this all the time, or if this is just a reaction to hard times. If there's a time you could sit down with your family and talk about your feelings and have a worthwhile conversation, you should try that. No blaming, shaming or arguing, just you explaining how you feel. If this isn't possible, if your parents won't listen to you, then you just have to lie low until you can get out. Don't hit your brother. Get a job as soon as you are able. Find someone to talk to that you can trust. Save as much money as you can, and then get out as soon as you are old enough.

9. ALieToDieFor

Ive got a job and I save alot of my money so I can do just that.
    This is no "reaction."
    He can be the coolest guy but he changes when my mom is around.
    My dad would gladly give us kids up if it meant being with my mom.
    No doubt about it.
    Which is why I hate him so much.