1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Professional Quandary

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Dare2bProud

Hello!

I have been hired at a theme park this summer as a supervisor at one of their live entertainment theatre's. The manager got me in contact with several of the performers to look for housing in the area. All of the performers seem to already have living arrangements and i've called around and its getting really hard to find apartment complexes that rent for only three months. I don't know anyone in the area. I've investigated Extended Stay Hotels and after doing some math I would only break even this summer. Of course it would go on a credit card and I would make little payments for it. I don't want to give up this opportunity, it's not everyday someone gets a chance like this. It would be great for my professional resume and could open many doors. Anyone ever been in a similar situation like this? What did you do? If you haven't been in a situation like this, what would you do if you were me?

Thanks!

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think it wouldn't make a lot of sense to rent out an apartment for three months (even if you would be able to find one). Instead, try finding a furnished self-contained room, which tend to be cheaper and you will be able to save some money as well. You could also look into shared accommodation, that is if you are comfortable living with others. :slight_smile:

3. GreyGirl08

I agree, a room-for-rent deal might be best. You don't have to spend a ton of time there--you just need a place to sleep and shower. Good luck!

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other thing is, I think once you get there, you can probably ask around and find someone with a room, couch, or something you could rent cheaply. My guess is there are probably lots of people near the theme park that rent rooms for the summer since there are so many seasonal employees that need housing.

5. Dare2bProud

I just found an advertisement on craig's list for a Super 8 that rents their rooms month to month for $480 and I get a $100 stipend from the park for living. I was looking for share rooms and this posting came up. Hmmm ...