1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed off

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wallrose, Mar 17, 2011.

1. wallrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yet another couple of my friends have started dating. Good for them, that's all fine, they can be together if they want to. But I once more realise just how lonely I am. How lonely? Lonely as all freaking hell. When I think about it my throat gets tight, and I get anxious and depressed.
    I have been over and over this, complaining and bitching, but I don't give a fuck. I'll bitch however the fuck I want. I'm not even depressed about being alone anymore, I'm pissed. Why the fuck can everyone else have a relationship, whilst I am left all on my own? What the fuck is so wrong with me? I know I am FAR from perfect, and that I wouldn't want to put anyone through a relationship with me, but fuck it. They can suffer, they can be miserable for once. If I can't be happy, why do they get to be? Why does my life have to be so fucking miserable.
    I just don't understand it. How can someone possibly have no options for dating, or even an intimate friendship? How can a person be completely and entirely cut off from it? I haven't a chance in hell of having a boyfriend. Seriously, not a freaking chance. I have no friends who are gay or bisexual, and of the tiny, tiny few I barely know, they are either way out of all possibility for me, or dickheads, or both. And even if I did know someone who was gay, and mildly attractive, and nice, and appealed to me, I wouldn't appeal to him. That's just the way my fucking life goes. I never win, never, I'm not just being over the top here, I never, ever win. If there really is a god, he can go fuck himself with a rake.

2. nate16

Hi, I totally know where your coming from. I felt EXACTLY the same way. I just wanted to be in a relationship, and didn't understand why everyone else seemed to be in one but me. How I dealt with it was by just reminding myself over and over that their is someone out there for me.....which only boosted my self esteem when I was checked out by other guys in public for once :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
    the early dating situation is pretty slim for most gay people at first, and I'm just starting to get past that boundary where I live. I'm just looking forward to college.

Have you thought about taking part in any glbtq youth groups in the area? who knows, you might meet someone there. hope this helps

3. Lotty

Being single doesn't mean you have to be unhappy. I understand where this is coming from, though. Everybody's talking about their boy- and girlfriends and I don't have one. But hey, you're sixteen, you're still young. I mean, I'm sixteen, and I've never even kissed, but one of my friends has already had sex.
    And about you being FAR from perfect, and no one wanting a relationship with you and if someone does, that they have to suffer, I'm sure that's not true. And you do have a chance of having a boyfriend, really. But I think you shouldn't think so bad of yourself. Have a little confidence. Just go out to a nice bar and chat with someone. Really, there are lots of people who feel just like you. But if you're brave and talk to those people, you might make some friends, or more. But again, you're sixteen. Love can wait. Just have fun. Don't live to love. It'll come. When you're older. Love isn't everything. Go out, chat with people, make more friends, and then, when you've forgotten all about it, love will find you. But don't go looking for someone every second of the day.
    Good luck (*hug*)

4. Flyers2011

Hey, I know how you feel. I've been there myself.

But the most important thing to remember is that you have your entire life to date. You're 16, which seems like a perfect time to date, right? It can be, but only in certain cases. Many people who have relationships in high school are immature and not committed to it. Many relationships fail during high school. People in high school are very selfish, because they're learning about themselves. They tend to step on some toes on their way to self-enlightenment.

Honestly, college is a much better place to date. Why? People are (slightly) more mature. They're older, and (usually) have a much better handle on their sexual orientation. There's nothing worse than dating someone who's in the closet and they beg you not to tell anyone. Or someone decides that they're, "Not like that."

Dating isn't all it's cracked up to be, honestly. You can't just think for yourself, you have to think of this other person in all of the decisions you make. For example, it's not just, "How will moving out on my own affect me," it's, "How will moving out on my own affect US?" And college drives a lot of relationships apart. High school is the fastest, most miserable four years your life.

You're better off waiting for the right one, than going through a bunch of nobodies. Yeah, it sucks to watch your friends in relationships. I agree, I'm going through that right now (my best friend is dating my other friend's best friend). But being single can be a lot of fun too.

It will get better and you will find someone who loves you for you (*hug*)

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I have been over and over this, complaining and bitching, but I don't give a fuck. I'll bitch however the fuck I want. I'm not even depressed about being alone anymore, I'm pissed. Why the fuck can everyone else have a relationship, whilst I am left all on my own? What the fuck is so wrong with me? I know I am FAR from perfect, and that I wouldn't want to put anyone through a relationship with me, but fuck it. They can suffer, they can be miserable for once. If I can't be happy, why do they get to be? Why does my life have to be so fucking miserable.

Mull this over some more.

Lex

6. cardenio

I'm sorry that you feel so lonely and angry right now. In this vulnerable mental state you might convince yourself that getting a boyfriend will magically solve all your problems; it won't. As a matter of fact, having a relationship at this point will probably bring about more heartache and drama, especially if you squarely place such unrealistic expectations on the shoulders of some unsuspecting boy. You seem to think that you're completely un-dateable in your current state, but you don't really say why that is. Since you're still quite young, why don't you take the time to turn yourself into the kind of boy that you yourself would consider dating? I'm not saying that you shouldn't be angry at the world, but perhaps you should put that anger to a more productive use.