1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi questions....help please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dylangoelz, Mar 18, 2011.

1. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

Well as for a little bio i would like to start this off

Name is Dylan and I have recently come to the conclusion that I will be more open about my bi-sexual feelings to everyone but family due to the fact that my family is really retarded and is not open to people with different sexual preferences.

I have only come out to 2 guys and 5 women and they all pretty much accepted it but it is getting to the point where im depressed when i get to thinking how much i hide it and feel as if I could be more open and outgoing if people would just understand that people should be aloud to date and have sex with whomever they choose.

Okay im not too sure what else to put as a background information so here goes the questions.

1. I am a sensitive person who aims to please my s.o. how ever it is needed but do women mind dating a bi-sexual?

2. I have dressed pretty bland due to the fact that I dont want to give anything away but is there certain styles that would be a give away so that i can stay away from them until I leave this god-forsaken house and be able to be more open?

3. I have recently experienced a manicure and it was amazingly relaxing and all around enjoyable and was wondering what other experiences are like this and just an amazing experience all around?

4. This one im afraid of.....should I tell my family?

:dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry::dry:

2. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well some information that would be good to know is your age. If you are still in highschool then I could understand the hesitation in letting everyone know who you are. However if you are older and say in college then coming out is a lot easier and most will accept you because everyone is usually an Adult about it.

1. I am not a woman but I have dated many woman and I have yet to have a problem with the girl and my orientation. I'm sure there is one female out there that hates it just like everything else in life, but I don't see why it would be a problem (ladies' help me out and confirm this lol)

2.Not that I'm really aware of. A give away would be something like an over the shoulder bag, hats that look like they were knitted, etc but I'm sure you can tell these things just by looking at the stuff yourself.

3.I went to see the musical Wicked a few months ago and it was absolutely amazing. I don't know if you count that as a sort of "girly activity" but I did (probably because I was ignorant about the subject). Anyways, I am not the sort of guy to go out and watch a musical anytime soon, but my friend pushed me to go and I'm glad he did.

4. I really don't know enough to say. It sounds like you've just begun accepting yourself, am I correct? If that's the case then maybe focus on that bit first and save that battle for later.

Hope you got something out of this and good luck =)

Fox

3. Jonathan24

Bi pride :grin:
    [​IMG]

As for your questions:

1. This shouldn't worry you. I think most women wouldn't care and some may even be turned on by it.

2. I think you can dress any way you want, I know plenty of straight guys who dress pretty fabulously (for lack of a better word).

3. I really don't know...

4. Not if you don't feel that you're ready. Only tell them when you know you want to. Also, if you think they'll react very badly maybe you should wait a while.

4. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Y HLO THARR. :grin: Bisexual female here (Y)

1. I'm a woman, and my boyfriend is bisexual. I knew he was bisexual before I dated him and before I came out. Because I'm bi, I'm absolutely fine with him being so, but before hand I didn't really give it a second thought. However if you know that the girl in question is homophobic, then there's kind of no point in even trying. :/

2. Where I'm from, the 'emo' suggests that a guy is bi, which is ridiculous because I know a lot of guys who would be considered 'emo' and they're straight as an arrow. I don't know how it is in your area, but tbh I don't think you should have a problem with this. There's a guy in my school who is VERY camp, yet oh so straight and gets hit on by girls all the type. Appearances can be decieving, and people are silly if they judge you on that.

3. Uuugh, a manicurist would throw me out the nail salon if they saw my nails. :L But I don't really understand the question. Are you looking for other experiences which are awesome but considered girly? I like shopping, in fact I love shopping. Especially for shoes and books. Clothes shopping in general is quite girly. Guys I know who go shopping for clothes only go because they need to, or are being dragged by their girlfriends. *shrug*

4. Up to you. When you're ready, though according to what you've said, don't expect something positive. But, since I don't know your family, I can't really judge.

Hope that helps. ^___^

5. Flyers2011

1. I think it really depends on the girl. I know a lot of girls that wouldn't care if their boyfriend was bisexual. But I also know girls that would freak out about it. It just depends on their views on it, etc. But the older you get, the more likely you will be able to find a girl that won't care, because she'll be more mature.

2) Uh, this all depends on where you're at. But where I live guys are seen as gay if they wear skinny jeans, bright colors, rainbow stuff, and tight clothing. Oh and long hair, but I live in Ohio so this may or may not be true for every location.

3) I got a pedicure once, and it was pretty awesome. Lots of straight guys get mani-pedis. It just depends on the guy. And as long as you're not wearing colored nail polish no one will be able to tell that you went and got a mani, unless you tell them or they are staring at your fingers.

4) Honestly, it's up to you. But consider the consequences, will they kick you out, or stop supporting you financially? Take all of those factors in consideration before you make a decision. Once you go to college it might be easier to tell them because you won't live with them and (ideally) you won't be financially dependent upon them. Just take time to make your decsion, coming out is not a race. Take it at your own pace.

Good Luck and Welcome to EC! (*hug*)

6. TheJoker

1.Yes, probably bi-sexual girls wouldn't mind..but there a lot of girls who mind it as long as if its her boyfriend.
    2.Men fashion is pretty feminen in these days so no problem.Blame the media :icon_bigg However if you live somewhere homophobic (not your family) i advise you to stay away from clothes considered "girly"
    3.I have no idea what you are talking about..
    4.If you are ready.

7. Ianthe

1.) A few people will refuse outright to date bisexuals. However, a lot of people may have concerns about it. (This is true of your prospective gay partners as well as of women.)
    • A woman may fear that you are not really bisexual, but that you are really gay. Unfortunately, this is not a totally unreasonable fear; it isn't unheard of for a man to tell a woman that he is bisexual, or that "I have been with men before, but now I just want to be with you," and they date and marry and have children and fifteen years go by, and then one day the man comes out as gay, and leaves her. In fact, it is often argued that, since the woman had some idea that her husband was attracted to men, she is partly responsible for the situation that results. How, then, can we blame women for hesitating to put themselves in such a situation?
    • Lesbians are more likely than gay men to think that the bisexual person that they are dating is really straight. Gay men may be more likely to think that "claiming to be bisexual" is a sign that you have not really accepted your "true" sexuality, and that you are clinging to the idea of being with a woman, and therefore not ready for a relationship with a man. (The difference is because sex with men is almost always taken more seriously than sex with women. But it could happen the other way too.)
    • Even if they think you are genuinely bisexual, gay people may fear that you will ultimately leave them for an opposite sex partner so that you can enjoy the privileges of straight couples.
    • Someone who wants a monagamous relationship may fear that you will not be able to truly be satisfied without a partner of the other sex. (Some bisexuals do actually insist that they need both.) If you actually don't want a monogamous relationship, that will be more of a deal breaker for a lot of people.
    • Of course, some people are homophobic or biphobic, and will not date you because they just think bisexuals are "icky."
    If you talk to them about their concerns, though, most people will give it a shot.

2.)I'm sure you are as aware as anyone what makes people "seem gay." I'm not sure what the question is. As long as you are wearing men's clothes, your attitude toward fashion is probably more important than what you are wearing in particular. Because of stereotypes, people think that if a guy is into fashion, he must be gay. So, just don't get too excited about your clothes. Also, "alternative" styles may be seen as possibly gay, partly because they are usually kind of androgynous--that is, the style may be similar for both sexes. (It's not unusual for queer people to adopt an alternative style because of this.) But alternative styles will probably not read as "gay" to parents. However, they might be unhappy about the alternative style anyway.

3.)Different people like different kinds of experiences. If you liked the manicure, you might try other kinds of spa treatments--pedicures, facials, etc. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean. So many things are considered kind of "gay" for men. Eat salads with "girly" mixed greens, like arugula. Do anything considered "cultured," like attending the theater or taking an interest in art. Read poetry. Bake cookies. Masculinity is so limited anymore.

4.)You don't need to tell your parents until you want to. Eventually, you will probably want to--the consequences of living with the secret will become difficult to bear. When that happens, you will need to consider whether the consequences of coming out to them could potentially be too severe, such as if you are a minor and they could potentially send you forcibly to ex-gay "treatment," or if they could cut you off financially and leave you homeless (or at least unable to pay tuition). You will have to weigh the consequences of coming out against the consequences of staying in.

8. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

Well as an added note due to some questions that I saw

I am 18, and I have graduated and will be starting college in october.

I dont live with my parents I live with a very anti gay house hold and it sorta offends me when they say derogatory comments but if i said something Like i said I would probably be harrassed or looked at strange.

Um as for the activities I mean something that would help me to be more relaxed about my bi-standing lol cuz i dont know what else to call it right off hand and like I mean something to be really enjoyable that I have been to scarred to try anything because of it possibly showing my orientation to those people that I dont want to know it.

All of you guys are awesome for all the help thankyou

9. dylangoelz

dylangoelz Guest

Also would anyone know the best way to meet others in my area who feel the same as me or would be willing to help me espiriment