1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's not so bad.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MyDecember, Mar 18, 2011.

1. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The fiancée of my one of my best friends since middle school told me a pretty dark story of his past today. When she told me that she was going to tell me something I never expected the words that came out of her mouth to be part of his past. I started getting pretty emotional during this story. Mostly because it had made me wonder if I had hurt him by saying something or if I was there enough for him.

I felt guilty.

Part of it being that all my life I have always had the inclination that my life is so difficult and that no one would ever understand. Being gay is hard. Discrimination is something you can't understand. All of that blown out the window. I drove home wanting to hug my mother and tell her I'm gay for good but she's sleeping. I can truly say my life is not something I should be bitching about anymore. My life is good and if my buddy can live through that and be happy coming out shouldn't be something I should be scared of not because it can get better but because now I know it could be worse. I think tomorrow will be completely out of the closet.

2. cardenio

If tomorrow you still feel this overwhelming urge to come out of the closet and you decide to go through with it, I wish you the best of luck! :slight_smile: Hopefully something good will come out of this horrible experience that your friend's fiancée went through.

3. zerogravity

Once you're out of the closet to your parents you'll realize how ridiculous all the hiding stuff was. Especially if you are not too dependant on them, or if they are not homophobic.

Anyways, good luck! I had a good coming out (I cant believe it was already 3 weeks ago!)

4. Josh21

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey man! How did it go? Did you end up coming out to your mom? Would love to hear how you went :slight_smile: