1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age difference?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blue0090, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

To make the story short, im in love with a guy 8 years older than me. I'm 15, he's 23. He told me he loves me too, so he's going to wait until I turn 18 so we could go out legally. He's not a pervert, btw. He's white but he's adopted and raised by FIlipinos, so we're pretty much "the same" and we really share a lot of interests. I'm also going to try my very very very best to not to kiss anyone until I'm 18, so he could be my first kiss.

SO yea here's my question... do you think the *future* relationship could work out, even though I'm 8 years younger than him?

2. SpikySpice

Well, they say love ha sno boundary, as long as you guys are dating at legal age, love each other deeply, teh age dosnet matter, it's normal now that in a coupple, one person is much older than the others, but as long as you love love each other. And yeah, you and him have lots of same interest

And three more year, if you can keep the friendship going for 3 more years, you'll be succeeded . Well, it all depends on you, Blue, in this case, he's the one who is waiting for you

And I have to say it's kool being younger, he'll protect you and teach you stuffs that he's been experienece, like when you dont understand about things, he'll give you teh answer, he can be your friend or your brother now, if you two keep the ineterest in each other for long time, you maybe end up being a couple for soem more years

3. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It could work out if you care enough about each other. It all depends how you work things out in the next few years. Three years is a long time and you both will probably go through a lot of changes.

4. xequar

Be very very careful. You both stand to lose a lot because even dating could be questionable in the eyes of the law. Love is a great thing, but this just isn't a good idea. If it were an eight year age difference and you both were legal, then whatever. But, since you're underage, no, bad idea, don't do it.

5. Louise

Yes I think there is every possibility that a future relationship could work out. I don't think 8 years is too much, of course being still a minor is a factor but your friend is not exactly a paedophile here!

I don't realistically see you waiting 3 years to kiss someone, but kissing isn't illegal that I know of. Sex between a minor and an adult yes but we are still free to kiss whom we want. You would of course have to be discreet, no kissing in the street, no holding hands.

You haven't said where you live or if you are out to your parents. In this life you might come across 3 or 4 people who really truely love you (I'm not talking about crushes, flings or infatuations that last for a few months). I don't think you have the right to refuse love when you find it because of age, colour, sex, culture... You have to live each love story for as long as it lasts and take the best from each relationship. :thumbsup:

6. Tom

Tom Guest

go for it is all im goin to say, if you are still good friends after 3 years and want to date still then things should work out between you two =]

as louise said there wont be that many ppl you will actually love in this world so when you do find one dont let anythin come between you two.

7. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

thanks for all the answers guys, i really appreciate them

8. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

oh and about the kissing part. yea that's what i thought too. but when i asked him if he could be my first kiss he was like "yea but i wanna wait until ur 18 cuz i respect you" so yea..

9. katmando

I really do not know your situation well enough. But I just want to be say be careful. If he is even talking about kissing or making love, its on his mind. How long have you known him & how did you meet??

I think its probably hard for most people to hold there sexual urges for 3 years.

#9 katmando, Oct 26, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  10. xxAngelOnFirexx

my 80yr old grandmother is dating a 90yr old man. weird but accepted. a 15 yr and and 23yr old? i just don't think in would work. there is a different with maturity, and basic way of life. your in like highschool i assume and he is what in college? a carreer? it may be love at first but i think in the end the age difference will really get to you.

11. EthanS

EthanS Guest

so ul b 18 n hes 25?? hmm dats how old my sis is ..kinda wierd BUT.. i kinda like older guys neway aswell

12. Cloud Nine 5

It's not the age gap that makes it odd but the fact you were only 14 just a few months ago... that's a kid to me and I'm not even 18, so I can't imagine how a 23 year old would seriously want something with that young.

Besides... he "loves" you already? Don't trust people that easily. Don't be guilable and keep your guard up. As for waiting 3 years for him without getting involved with anyone else... uh... not a good idea but whatever you want.