1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With A Guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beachboi92, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Beachboi92

Ok so i sort of met a guy, the problem is i have no idea what i'm doing. I feel like i'm waiting on the edge of my seat for him to text me back and i really want to see him again but i don't really know where things stand, and i don't really know what i'm doing. I would really like to get to know him better and stuff but i just have no idea what i'm doing so i need help.

Basically i went clubbing with my friends and one of their friends came out to meet us. So i could tell he at least thought i was cute, he kept looking over at me and he slowly made his way to be in a position to dance with me. Once we did it was like, i don't even know how to describe it, we where hooked on each other. We danced and made out for over 3 hours >_> things did get a little intense and there was some level of inappropriate touching on the dance floor but he was a little tipsy and i haven't even kissed another guy in over like 6 months.

So we exchanged numbers, when we where not dancing we where holding hands and hanging on each other. He was coming on pretty hard (pun intended) and it was originally looking like we where just gonna hook up but he passed out while my friend was taking me home and it didn't end up happening. So he texted me the next day and we texted through out the day. Talked about different stuff like our brothers and stuff.

we didn't text for 2 or 3 days then i texted him saying we should go to the club again sometime. He played coy and i could tell and then he told me he was just giving me a hard time. I said we should at least and hang out and do something some time and he didn't text me so i txted back "oh the pain of rejection via silence *dramatic hand motion* :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:" he still hasn't texted me back. Idk i'm not really sure what i'm doing and keep waiting on edge to hear back from him but i'm worried. Idk i needed to vent and get some advice on how to handle going after guys...

2. Danny19

i never been in this situation but i have friends that have and they have told me about it. I think that you should just give him some space. Dont text him like 4 times before he replies. maybe he is busy or doesnt have his phone on him. If he actually likes you he will reply when he wants to dont push it or else you will just annoy him and that can be a turn off.. i hope things work out for you..

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you have problems with patience. :wink:
    If you guys really clicked like you say you did, I'm sure he'll get back to you.
    Maybe he was in a situation where he just couldn't reply or something.

4. RainbowVampire

Hmm... Well, he's either an asshole who was just drunk, and therefore he's not worth you and you can get way better. Ooorrr, he's shy and nervous, and might be too afraid to hook up with you again.
    First of all, you gotta be patient. Let him come to you. See what's really going on with him. He could not be able to reply. I know that when I'm texting my girlfriend I may not realize she texted back and take a while to text her, and she'll have texted a few times going "Baby???" XD So just wait and see what happens. Ya never know :slight_smile:

5. Ianthe

How long has it been since you last texted him?

Once it's been a day or so, you could probably text him again--maybe about something unrelated. Maybe something related to one of the other things you talked about before.

The thing is, you have no idea what's going on with him. You shouldn't assume you're getting accurate signals via text. There's no way of knowing if something may have changed in the two or three days where you weren't texting, either.

If he hasn't texted back after a day, don't just assume he's ignoring you on purpose. He may have received your text at an inconvenient time, and then just never got back to it.

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I'm actually going to suggest something different, but this is just what I would do.

If he hasn't texted you back after a day or so, then I would just say to forget about it and move on. If he is interested enough then let him text you. You did your part, let him do his.

If he doesn't text you back, then don't take it as a rejection. There are many things that could have gone on that you don't know about. Just take it as a fun night and keep on going :slight_smile:

7. cardenio

From what you wrote, it sounds like you did everything right. This guy did dance and make out with you for over three hours and he initiated communication with you the next day, so he was definitely into you for at least a couple of days. Is he still attracted to you? Only he can answer that question, but you definitely should not read anything into or project anything onto his silence. Maybe he's playing hard to get or maybe he just leads a busy life, but either way you shouldn't wait by the phone waiting for him to text you back every time that you text him because it will only make you more frustrated.

Just to do away with all the waiting that's causing you a bit of anxiety, perhaps you should just call him. If he answers, then you can talk and you'll know where you stand, one way or the other. If he doesn't answer, then you can leave a message, which is likely to get you a faster response since a voice message holds a greater sense of urgency in the minds of most than a text message.

If you don't want to call him for whatever reason, then you can also make plans with your friends to go clubbing completely independent of him (as in, you go when you can without asking about his availability). Then you can text him when and where you'll be, and that he's welcome to join you if he'd like. If he's available and does show up, then you can spend some time together and perhaps pick up where you left off. If not, then that gives you a chance to meet some other cute boy to dance and make out with. Win-win.