1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting guys & LGBT & etc.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hert3583, Mar 23, 2011.

1. hert3583

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi

I'm going to be heading back to Uni soon, for my first term being out with my friends. As such, I really want to actually meet someone. I've never done the dating thing, because I haven't been out and girls held no interest, not even to try to do the whole "playing it straight" thing. So basically, how do you go about it? Going up to a guy at a gay night in a club? What do I say?
    I'm gonna go to the LGBT soc in my Uni, has anyone got any advice in general?
    Reading this, I feel like this is a confused post, but I'm tired.

2. zerogravity

I'm new to this as well. Lately I have been going to this gym where 50% of the people are gay guys; mostly young professionals or graduate students. I take this yoga class at the gym, and there are 3 guys in the class who I find really good looking.

Anyways, at the end of the last class one of the cute guys tried to strike up a conversation with me. It didn't go too well because I was feeling a bit awkward, and I didn't want to appear to be hitting on him in case he was straight. I asked someone later and found out he is definitely gay!

LOL, So I am going to take the chance and ask him out this week :slight_smile: I'm not really expecting anything - chances are he already has a boyfriend or I'm not his type because thats just the way things tend to go for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm going to take the chance anyways - you just have to put yourself out there or you have no chance.

3. xequar

The thing I always say is that very few people find a mate at a club. If you're a gamer, you have to go where there are gamers. If you're gay, you have to go where you know there are gay people. That said, going to the LGBT Society is a great plan.

From there, just be yourself, and remember that nothing happens in an instant. Just be yourself, talk to people, get to know them. Make friends. Who knows, you might randomly find the person of your dreams, or if you've made some friends, they might be able to introduce you to someone, or at the very least, you might make some more friends.

The trick is actually meeting people. Start by going to the Society, and just kinda go from there.