1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[The Final] Reallife Drama with Captain Walrus[Frontier]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by InaRut, Mar 26, 2011.

1. InaRut

So because my current drama (and headache) is borderline highschool drama, I shall attempt to spruce it up Star Trek Style
    Translation at the bottom...but it's less fun...

[​IMG]
    Stardate 0327.11:
    To truly understand the elements of what has happened on this mission, we must go back to our first couple of months within the Montreal Galaxy. In the begining, while exploring this galaxy we came across Species Handsome-Guy.

Upon first analysis with this species we discovered that although they were indeed impressive upon our intial studies, certain cautionary approaches had to be instigated in order to maintain the certain secured standards of the Federation.Although we did instigate contact, negative impressions of this species forced us to decide that we shall keep them as an Ally to the federation, but we would not grant them access to join.
    To our satisfaction Species Handsome-Guy agreed to become an ally but when refused admission to the federation, began to lean towards joining with the Dominion. Although they stayed an ally, their interactions with the Dominion caused great distance between us.
    However, recently the Dominion has broke off contact with Species-Handsome guy in a way that has left Species-Handsome Guy in a state of Morale critical condition. As an ally to species-Handsome guy, it would then only seem appropriate then that we offered our aid in the restoration of their species.
    Sending our best counsellors we were successful in aiding the species with their recovery (although it is not any where close to being fully restored). Most of this counseling has taken place in the gayborhood system at planet Lesbobar.
    This has also given us an anthropological view into this species, and more and more we are learning that perhaps we judged this species to harshly. Perhaps this species is ready to join the federation afterall.
    However after the critical condition the Dominion left this species in, it was decided that we would not act towards trying to get this species to join the federation for our services right now are best used in the recovery of this species.
    Despite this however, among the ship, there is much discourse in this choice of action. Staying an ally with this species will both aid this species in their recovery but at the same time, this species has given signs that it may be ready to join the federation but in it's current state of morale collapse we cannot act to quickly.

Other options are that we refuse the species access to the federation, as it would be the "moral" plan of action, and look else where to other species that have offered interest in joining. Such as, Species Potential, who we met during one of our counseling missions at planet Lesbobar. Who shows both ethusiasm in establishing preliminary negotiations but seem to be shy towards joining the Federation.

And then there is also, Species Phail, who we have had previous negotiations with. Where first impression were good with this species, later interactions countered this intial idea. Especially as that species, who we met with on this last mission, was ready and willing to seek "trade-partners" to any available Alliance. Species-Phail definately sought after the Federation, even despite past negative interactions the federation has had with this species.

We refused the Species Phail the right to "trade" with the federation, because the Federation doesn't care for freely "trading" with just any species. Species Handsome-Guy (Who also was on planet lesbobar for this mission) who is an ally of Species Phail, strongly suggested that the Federation accept Species Phail as a "trade partner" to which we still tried to be resistant too. Despite, our efforts in resisting Species Phail, it would not be foolish to admit that perhaps their "trade" could be welcome within federation space. We have positively interacted with this species in the past, perhaps not in "trade," but in inital examination, and the "trade" he offers would be welcome, if we were not the Federation and bound to particular moral responsibilities.

Despite these morale responsabilities, near the end of our meeting on this Planet, an Emissary from Species-Phail and an Emissary from the Federation, somehow managed to meet for the sake of maintaing alliance with this species and [A Href= 'Startrek' we ended up making out infront of species Handsome Guy /Startrek]

(&&&) I'm sure you Ec'ers will be able to make plenty of sense of what is going on but if you didn't basically it's this:

Translation
    -I met this guy, and at first I did not like him (in that way)- Wanted to be his friend though.
    -Handsome Guy ended up dating a guy who was really self-concious and did not like me because he was irrationally jealous of me without ever meeting me.
    -They break up, and guy needed a friend, so I was like "I'm a friend and I'm good at helping people." So I met him with the intention of being a good friend. But then I started to learn more about him and he wasn't as bad as I initally thought. So now I'm getting a bit of a VERY illmoral crush on the guy and I'm begining to think he might feel the same way but is probobly equally as confused. Also it doesn't help that he was just out of a relationship and probobly is on the prowl for a rebound.
    -See, as his friend, I should be there to help him and I feel that if I instigated any chance to explore my feelings it would be ilmoral in the sense that A) I should focus on being emotional support and B) His break-up has him pretty fragile right now and any attempt to develop from that would be explotative. Also, I feel like I really should just be friends with him and I am really trying to stop thinking what I believe as completely irrational.
    -So basically the first night we got together (Thursday), one of his friends thought I was really cute and wants to see me for coffee tommorow. This guy is kind of cute but he keeps telling me how "nervous" he is around me and seems kind of insecure. But that's a first impression and I'm willing to give him a chance, cause he's pretty cute himself.
    -Then tonight we met again, and this guy I made out with before...and then had a bit of awkardness with after, showed up. The entire night he kept saying he really wanted to have sex with someone (turn-off...YES) and by the end of the night both Handsome-Guy and his other friend were pushing me on him. So, in an action I'm not so proud of, I eventually made out with him for abit..in front of Handsome guy.

Handsome-Guy didn't really seem to care at all and at that point was already bummed over his breakup with his ex. As much as I hate to admit this, because I should be better then this:dry:, I still feel like I'm picking up on something between us...I can't help but flirt with him..subtly...but it's bad. However, there is not a MORAL fiber in my body that will let me go through with this. Even writing about it I feel stupid. But yet it's got my brain in a rattle so maybe some outside info will be some help.

:help:

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

A Holy Proclamation

By

Zeratul, by the Light of the Auir Prelate, Templar of the Dark Void, Prophet of the Xel'Naga Return, Beholder of the the births of negative-suns, Bearer of witness to the entropy of entire realities, etc etc etc

To all whom these presents shall come, greeting.

Rut, As you are more of a down to earth kind of guy, whereas my head is usually up in the clouds wondering about the intrigues that have more to do with inanimate objects than human emotions and subtleties, I am not going to be able to suggest a course of action that you can follow to solve your interpersonal issues.

However, through dimensional analysis, we seem to have been able to identify two issues on the subsystem level and on the system level, respectively.

A). On the subsystem level, it is clear that you are dealing with a broken feedback data link in your control loop; that is, I am referring to you not knowing whether or not Handsome-Guy and You are mutually crushing. Lets face it, if you did perceive that you and Handsome-Guy have no chance together whatsoever, you wouldn't be so frustrated right now that you have made out with another person in front of Handsome-Guy.

Though you think that making out with another guy in front of the person you have a crush on may feel morally abject, there are mitigating circumstances that should absolve you of any responsibility for your actions tonight. Namely:

1. You were all somewhat under the influence of possible intoxication
    2. Handsome-Guy himself urged you on.

B). On the system level, your conscious mind that is not affected by your crushing is telling you to not to pursue a relationship with Handsome-Guy right at this moment, because it would be somewhat of a rebound for him, built on a substandard foundation.

This point is somewhat cliche, but it is the truth.

So now, therefore, we encourage you to ask you these 3 following questions:

1. Is it possible to directly engage Handsome-Guy in a straight-forward conversation to find out if those suspected feelings exist? (This is a very cautionary point, as you are well aware of what the consequence of even asking this question is.)

2. Are you willing to stick to your principles of not being the rebound guy for Handsome. (i.e. your problem B)

3. Will trying to perform (1) violate the Uncertainty principle. i.e. the very act of measuring a variable affecting the outcome?

I think you are logical enough a guy to figure out what your next course of action SHOULD be based on your answers to the questions above. Wishing you the happiest of days.

[SIGNED ZERATUL]

with Our Imperial Hand, this Twenty Seventh Day of the Third Month in the Six Hundred Thirty Fifth Year of Our Reign.