1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back in touch with someone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cloud Nine 5, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Cloud Nine 5

3 years ago I talked to someone really great (today he's 22/23, I'm 17). We met through a forum and I know for a fact he's a real and normal person. I wasn't doing well then and I was a little weird and maybe paranoid because it was the worst time in my life.

He ignored me a few times on the IM program (appearing offline but being online and seeing my messages) but when he contacted me, he even gave me his phone number and suggested to meet at a crowded mall with his friends to show me being gay isn't horrible. I turned it down.

Sometimes I was wrong and he didn't ignore me, I recall saying something about that to him and I think it got weird to him... Then he never replied after I PMed him about something random like "maybe I'm going to this club, do you know if they allow people my age in?" (maybe even asked him to come, don't remember).

Later I had to create a different account and oddly he PMed me to that account, thinking I'm a stranger. I replied him back saying it's me and "good to know you still exist...", he asked why I changed the account, I answered and he never replied back. That was it... about a year ago.

I trust him and I think I missed out on something. I think he can be good to me, not necessarily in a relationship. I'd just like to get in touch with him again cause he's a hell of a lot more reliable than anyone I've talked to/met from the internet... but it's pretty much lost, isn't it? I don't even know if he'll PM back and it would look pretty pathetic to contact him after being ignored so blatantly the last 2 times.

2. step49x

Well, you can always try. There's no harm in sending him another PM. If you were
    to try contacting him, you could try giving him a short summary of your post above, just telling him why you didn't respond, and that you wouldn't mind getting to know him. I might check and see if he's single, before you try to become anything more than friends (i'm not sure what type of relationship you're aiming for, if any).

I had a friend ask me a similar question: If you meet someone, and don't talk to them for a while, how long of a time span has to pass before you should forget about any sort of relationship? (whether it be friends or other)