1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Might Be Stuck...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by He Is So Loved, Mar 29, 2011.

1. He Is So Loved

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have a huge crush on an 18-year old guy named Stephen. He's your typical jock: plays sports, pretty popular, acts tough, drinks at parties, etc. Thing is, jocks aren't my type at all, and yet for some reason, I can't get him out of my mind. I've tried relationships with both sexes, and he keeps popping up in my thoughts regardless. I've called it love, an obsession, and multiple other things, but none of them fit the way I feel about him. He graduates in about a month and a half and is moving to Memphis, but I don't feel like I could get over him even after then:dry:. Can anyone help me forget him and move with my life?

2. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Nobody can help you with that other than yourself my friend. He sounds like a typical fantasy; someone you cant displace from your thoughts, and someone who is an unlikely candidate for any kind of relationship. Yes I do believe in miracles, however, even if he were into men in any way, I doubt he has the mental strength to admit his obvious denial at the moment.

That is the only clarity I can bring to the matter I am afraid. You must make the decision to move on, nobody can do it for you.
    Im sorry

3. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    Just know that when you get "infatuated" with someone, it tends to be like that- they are all you can think about. But the feeling won't last if it's not meant to be- don't sweat it.

4. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Time, after a while it fades, I still remember my high school crush fondly, but a big part of the reason I liked him was that he was just so nice to me, well... especially to me, lol, but now hes really fat, it makes me very sad, he was so muscled back then, oh, and hes got like 4 kids, haha

5. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He's going to help you forget him by moving to Memphis. It's your job, when he moves, to not look him up on social sites. Surround yourself with things of importance or hobbies as well as friends until then. The more your mind is busy on something that requires due dates and step-by-step progression, the less free time it has to worry about a guy. The gym is always a good place for that.

6. Gumtree

Somewhere, deep down, in the corners of your subconscious; do you harbour any belief that you and him could ever be together?

I'm here to tell you, there isn't.

Mainly because you're not actually doing anything about it, so nothing can ever eventuate.

Sometimes confrontation, even when you know the outcome will be terrible, is far healthier than continuing on, holding onto false hope.