1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice for talking to guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mike6557, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mike6557

okay so here's the situation:

i was at a meeting for our school's walk against male violence assembly and we invited these other schools to join us. There was this kid there who was really cute and I'm pretty sure (but not completely) that he's gay. He doesn't go to my school either. So I was wondering, should i try to start normal conversation and try to be friends first? I mean I can't possibly know if i like him until I talk to him, right? but is adding him on facebook without even talking to him first creepy? i don't know...

any advice would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people add people on Facebook like snapping up dollar bills in the wind. Others are a lot more selective. I don't see any trouble adding him, since you could always be part of that earlier group as far as he can tell. :slight_smile:

But yes, do try to befriend him. You've got some common ground ("Thanks for taking part in this group!") and some differences ("I hear (other school) is pretty tough/fun/whatever."). Work them. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Scandinavian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Step 1: the first encounter! talk to him, say hello, be nice. or just add him to facebook!

step 2: sit next to him on the meetings in the group .It doesnt matter if he sits with someone else, just go there! (come late and sit next to him because all the other chairs are taken) start talking to him, find out if you still like him.

step 3: find common ground! if it is a movie or a television show, a book or a meal, ask him to join you one day, to watch glee, see the movie, see the movie based on the book. whatever! as long as he likes it you do too!

step 4: just spend time together (non romantic!), have a blast! do something unoriginal and crazy, be charming and sweet! (take your time)

step 5: start showing some Loove! grab his hand, if he responds positive, proceed, if not... you have a new good (Straight) friend =)

4. Holmes

I don't like adding someone myself if I haven't spoken to them, but it doesn't bother me, because I know there are some who will just add anyone on Facebook's suggestions. I don't always accept though. Also, if he thinks you night fancy him, probably better to talk at least once first.

5. zerogravity

This guy added me on facebook a while back - randomly. I was out with some friends and I guess he noticed me. Anyways, he knew one of my friends and I guess he fb stalked me on my friends profile. I got this random invite with a creepy message like "I hear you are available, do you wanna meet up?". Anyways, I didnt accept the invite obviously. I was thinking, why didn't you just talk to me when we were out the other night?

Recently I ended up getting a crush on this other guy and I fb stalked him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The difference is I didn't add him or send a message 'cause that's creepy!! (I know, I'm a huge hypocrite lol)

So, I waited a couple weeks and I when I saw him yesterday I started up a conversation and actually we made plans to meet next week! So my advice is to avoid fb stalking/adding, better to actually strike a real conversation with someone. Good luck :grin:

#5 zerogravity, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011