1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm kinda Nervous >.<" Why can't I just get over him!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tym Misery, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Tym Misery

Tym Misery Guest

Well, it's been a while but I fell for this openly gay guy at my school. He was a year under me, I graduated well. I'm Xtremely timid! and I when I like someone I kinda get this nervous feelin and suddenly I start agreeing with whatever he says. Well it seemed as if he had an issue with me, so my friend asked him about it and he said "I have no issue with him I just don't like him in that way". Which of course left me crushed as all hell! >.<" Anyways, so I kinda want to know him but ever since my friend told me he said that I've been even more nervous to talk to him. I thought about messaging him on facebook and explaining this all to him being completely honest but I don't want to sound like an idiot >.<". What makes things worse is the school musical is tonight and he's got the lead role this year and I kinda want to say how well he did and talk to him but I'm so...NERVOUS

:thewave:

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe you're just being a little too forward, perhaps playing a little hard to get, or (and i like this option better) just befriend him, who knows, something might come of it, but if not, friends are great!

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Being nervous is ok. Perhaps he is into people who are a little more outward with the way the feel. Perhaps if you went to this event, and messaged him on facebook, and tried talking to him in person more, then he might see how awesome of a person you can be. I find that often times when people say something it can be interpreted in many different ways. So lets dwell on what he has said for a moment: he said "I dont like him in that way" not "I dislike him strongly, and want nothing to do with him".
    Perhaps you just need to show him how vibrant you can be. Furthermore, remember to stay your own person. Thinking logically for a moment; if he were to like you after agreeing to everything he says, isnt that the same as him liking a whole different person entirely? If you miss represent yourself then it is likely to say that he isnt going to appreciate the real you.

Good luck and best of wishes.

4. VentinIntrovert

Being nervous sucks. There was this one time at work, where I had a crush on this one guy. Assuming that he was straight, I was totally nervous around him and was very quiet. This one time he approached me to say Hi, I got so nervous that I snobbed him out while staring directly at him. He never spoke to me again. Years later and through a friend, I found out that he was gay. We both secretly crushed each other. We actually hung out and what not, but it was disappointing that he was already taken. If I had the courage to talk to him when I had the chance, things would have definately turned out diferrently. Something I totally regret.

Here is an opportunity to take your chances. Forget what he said, get to know him, let him know you and see where it goes. Worst comes to worst you guys could still be good friends. I have friends that are good friends with gay and straight, regardless if they are dating or not.