1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alexi12, Apr 2, 2011.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

So, I am already half way out of the closet. My parents and sister know, some of my friends know, and I don't hesitate to tell people anymore. The thing is that most of my better, long-term friends don't know. When I started coming out, I told many of my friends first, but that was one group. I'm concerned about the other group. I'm not too concerned about them not being accepting, but I'm trying to determine if they deserve for me to tell them seperately, or if I should just come out casually as necessary.

I wouldn't be too uncomfortable telling them, but I'm leaning against telling them that way because I don't want to make it a big deal.

Thanks for advice :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2. Mogget

There's different stages in how you come out. At first, you tell individual people because it's important that they hear a big secret about you personally. As it becomes less secret, it's less of an important thing about you, so it's less important to tell people in person. At this point, I rarely tell anyone I'm gay, if I want them to know, I just don't screen my comments and it usually comes around to hot guys I like :wink:

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

That helps.. but it is tough for me to determine. I feel that it is a big secret from my friends but not to anyone else (except extended family).

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

There is no secret formula to coming out. The best thing to do is what feels right for you.

I have come out in many ways. From spreading rumors about myself so people asked me to doing it very casually. There is no wrong answer. At the end I was still out and people either accepted me or didn't.

You'll be fine :slight_smile:

Ps. In a less serious note I love this video :wink:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7RuFGQAoUI[/YOUTUBE]

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've often said the "coming out" is simply something to get beyond. It matters less how you do it so much as simply getting to the other side. Don't panic too much about whether you're telling people correctly, or in what order Just let them know in whatever way feels best to you. If you'd rather tell everybody en masse via Facebook, go for it. If you want to invite them all out for pizza, and tell them over the first slice, go for it. If you want to meet up with each one and tell them individually, go for it. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. that video is priceless, and 2, do what makes you feel comfortable, if thats one on one, or as a group, whatever works for you :slight_smile:

7. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Thanks all, and I love the video :slight_smile: