1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven close friends. Done. And now my parents...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lotty, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Lotty

So I came out to seven very close friends. They all reacted good and very accepting and stuff, so that's done. Now my parents. I know they won't mind. Especially my father. They're always joking about when I finally bring a boyfriend along. Then one time, my father said: or a girlfriend, who knows... That was before I was even sure I'm into girls, so I just laughed at it. But now I wanna tell them. Only problem is: how? How am I gonna tell them? It's not really something to sit down for and have a good conversation about it, not in my family. But just to say: 'oh, BTW, I'm into girls', no, that's not it either. I don't want to make it such a point, because it just isn't, but I also think they should know.
    Opinions? Advice?

2. V128

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wrote an Email... partially because both my Mom and Brother live(d) far away at that time, but also because just having a sit down conversation about it was out of the question. I was incredibly distraught about telling them face to face, so I Emailed them. My Mom asked about it, but my Brother didn't even seem to care. We never talked about it in person.

What it comes down to is having the bravery. And if you choose to send an Email, don't hesitate hitting the button. I spent probably 15 minutes just looking at that button and not pressing it. Then I left for a minute, came back and just hit the darn thing. Feel good to be done with it.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_bigg

3. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol, my convo of coming out to my mom was like this:
    me = mom I have a date
    mom= oh? whats her name?
    me = actually... its a he...
    mom = I wondered when you were gonna tell me
    *hugs*

granted i got a pretty good response, it sounds like your family might not be too upset, you could just kinda, bring it up, if you're worried about making a big thing out of it