1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's so hard to lie

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tired_of_lying411, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tired_of_lying411

Hi, I'm new. This is my first post.
    I'm 15, and right now, I think that most of my friends would call me 'metro sexual' and some of them definitely have some ideas about my being gay.

My mom knows. She found evidence and confronted me about it. It was really dificuilt to talk about it with her, but I had no choice and secretly, I was glad.
    That was almost two years ago now and, to this day, she thinks I 'framed myself', because I wanted her to find out. Which really isn't true.

She's the only one who knows. Which sucks. And I would love to change that, but I care so much about being accepted. I try so hard, to fit in, to be normal. I pretend I don't hear the occasional gay questions or refrences. It has become natural to answer no to the questions, now.

My mom kind of had an idea, but she tells me that she hadn't made her mind up as "yes, my son is DEFINITELY gay."

I feel so bad about making her keep it a secret. She's been so good about it. When we go shopping, just the two of us, she sort of treets me as her 'gay son'. Which feels so good. But I am so afraid of how my dad would react. He might hate me, in which case, my mom would surely be there for me, or he may just say "duh! as if I hadn't guessed", and burst out laughing. I can never get a read on him. I sense that he has become more sensitive to the issue, though. He no longer says "Look at those fags", every time the home design shows are on. Maybe he knows already?

And then theres my brother. He has done a LOT of growing up since he moved out west. Maybe I could tell him on msn, as we talk often. My only worry is that I might ruin our relationship, which is just coming into it's prime.

Sorry for the long post, but I've been waiting to do this since I was twelve. I need to get some 'expert advice'. Any suggestions, comments, or ideas?

Brenton

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.