1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That could have gone better...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Watz08, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Watz08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So if some of you remeber, I asked the other day about how to talk to a guy I like in my lab. Well, I do want to thank everyone for their help, it was some good advice :slight_smile:. The problem was that today each group in the lab had a different assinment so I couldn't really talk to him about the experiment if we weren't even doing the same one.

We also had to give a short presentation of the experiment at the end of class and I thought I would ask him after class if he could explain it a little better. Well, he left class kinda fast and when I followed him out he went into another room and that was about it.

I think we did make so eye contact today (I'm a little near-sighted so I'm not completly sure if he was looking at me) so it might not have been a total loss. I also was able to find him on Facebook and have thought of sending him a friend request or something. I'm hesitating a little on that because we don't have any mutal friends and I'm afraid to creep him out :confused:. Do you think Facebook would be a good choice now or should I wait till I talk to him in person? Also any other advice on what to do is apprciated, thanks.

2. zerogravity

Personally, I think facebook would be bad at this point. You need to muster up the courage to talk to him. Sounds like you have a good excuse, now just follow through!

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Facebook is a plausible options. I mean he can identify who you are because he has seen you in class, and you have seen him. So for you to add him and start a convo online would make since. However I still say that just talking to him in person is going to leave a greater impression. There isnt a reason you cant do either tho.

4. Watz08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks again for the suggestions. My biggest problem is that I don't really see him outside of class so it's hard to find him, which is why I thought facebook was a good idea. But I agree it's better to talk to him in person so I'm going to try talking to him tomorrow in class (here's hoping he's a good student and shows up lol).

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>The problem was that today each group in the lab had a different assinment so I couldn't really talk to him about the experiment if we weren't even doing the same one.

"Hey, which experiment are you doing? Oh - that one looks tough/easy/fun. I wish I had that one/I'm glad I don't have that one."

Adapt, deshi. Adapt. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Watz08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, that's pretty good. I think I spent an hour trying to think of something like that. :lol: Oh well, I'm learning at least.

7. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Its good to hear that you are finding some clarity in all this. Best of luck, keep us updated.

#7 TyRawr, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011