getting the courage

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sparty313, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Sparty313

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey all! So I'm having a bit of a problem getting the courage up to actually tell my friends that i am bi. See i dont even know why its hard for me either, bc half of em r either gay,bi, or alley of the gay community. So i know they would prob just say cool and move on to another subject. I just don't want things to change between any of my friends and I. Its a huge step for me, kinda scary. Idk i guess i just have to get over the fear..soon.

2. Tiny Catastrophe

If your friends are either bi, gay or have something to do with the gay community then I'm sure they won't treat you any differently. Your sexual orientation doesn't define who you are. I'm sure they won't treat you any differently. Just go for it. You'll feel better after you get it over with :slight_smile:. Hope that helped

3. Sparty313

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yea, I guess i'm not really concerned so much with them or being treated differently. I think its that i'm finally ready to say it out loud to others, i think thats the scary part for me. And u sure r right sexual orientation does not define a person, at all! Thanks for ur feedback!

4. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I agree. However I do kind of see orientation as part of what defines us. If you are misrepresenting yourself then you are essentially not being your true self to your friends. They are understanding of what you are going threw because like you said many of them are gay or bi themselves. So it would be unlikely that any of them would treat you differently.

The hardest thing is just mustering up the courage to admit that you are bi/gay/whatever. Really all you need to do is force yourself to say it. Perhaps try and update your facebook or something to gay. Or make a status that says your coming out. That is an indirect way of doing things, and is a next step on making progress.
    Something else you can try is just blurting it out. You might feel foolish, but hey it works!

Pm me sometime if you need some personal advice.
    Best of wishes.