1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullying :/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RyanCodey, Apr 8, 2011.

1. RyanCodey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright, this is a big issue I have been having lately. I am probably the most non confrontational person I know, so I've been letting it slide. I have one kid that is being quite persistent. He's been shoving me, attempting to trip me, and the verbal harassment is just awful. Now, I am a strong person and I can handle it, but lately it's been slipping past that into sexual harassment. The juvenile felt the need to pull his member out of his pants the other day and made some rude comment for me to come over there. I have reached my limit. I am trying to build the strength to talk to an administrator. Not for myself, but mainly so he cannot treat younger people like this. I know some openly gay people at my school that are not exactly strong like I am and I know how they feel. I am just so afraid of what my school will say. My principal is quite the homophobe and I've experienced this first hand. I don't know why I am even worried. His friends may also cause me serious repercussion. I just don't know what else to do.

2. zeratul

zeratul Guest

You are 18 years old. If he pulls out his member again, file a criminal sexual harassment complaint with the police.

3. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    You said your principal is a homophobe- could you try talking to a school counselor instead? Or a teacher you trust? Maybe they'd be willing to help a lot more. I really admire your ability to be the bigger person- I would've punched the kid in the face if he treated me like that.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    um, pulling out your junk on school property is grounds for expulsion, chances are if this kid is a dick (no pun intended) as he seems he already has a record as a trouble maker.

5. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

just go to a guidance councelor, or vice pricipal if you are in high school, vice principals deal with discipline more than principals who are the paperwork people. but anyway go report the kid if you don't he will keep doing it, he needs to pay for what he is doing, and the pricipal is supposed to put his personal beliefs out of the factor when dealing with something like this. and if the kids friends come after you then report them to the police if it is serious enough. good luck, come back and tell me how it goes im curios to find out.

6. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Going to someone else is a non confrontational way of solving things. They are not going to be violent, and they wont hurt him. They might expel him from the school for sexual harassment, which doest sound like much of a big deal considering he is a "real winner".
    But honestly going to an administrator, or even a local LBGT center would be wise. I would recommend talking to someone on campus first, and someone off campus. Your local LBGT center will provide assistance, and resources you you to tackle this thing head on.

You dont have to be violent, but you dont have to put up with this either.

7. Ianthe

Your out status says "out to everyone" -- is there some reason you can't get some support from your parents?

Anyway, complain in writing to your principal. Make sure it's dated and make sure you have a copy. Email leaves records, so that's a good way. Best of all if you can give your written complaint to at least two people on staff at school.

Regardless of his homophobia, I doubt your principal will tolerate a student exposing himself in school.

(Your bully sounds like a Karofsky to me, by the way.)

#7 Ianthe, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  8. brodyman

All the above ideas are all good ideas, I'm going to throw out another one that hasn't been mentioned though. Try to build a team to confront this problem. I know at my high school there are some infruential people who if they step in you can guarentee it would stop. Try to find some close friends, peers, or even teachers who know about you and your orientation, and confront the a higher up in the adminstration. If you can get multiple people, even if they don't have any pull with the administration, it would never hurt. As Vladimir Puttin once said, "Quantity is a quality in itself." But if you get multiple people to blow the whistle on this guy, your principle take more concern. Best of luck and keep us informed!

9. VinnySR97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Been there done that hun, i would go to the princapal and if that doesnt work file a report with your local police and get a restraining order.

youll get through it, trust me :thumbsup:

10. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Hello, I like Brodimans' idea. In a way I feel that usually people like payback if you tell a principal and get them a little slap in the wrist... on the other hand, if you have a team and influence uhm I think works better.

11. limfjord96

guy sounds gay and hiding like crazy, if he is hot go for it lmao or call the cops

12. RyanCodey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bleh. I just got to reading all of these. I am sorry that I was away. I did do something about it that day because it was eating me inside. Someone said something about my parents.. and the issue is that they are too embarrassed about me to say anything. Nonetheless, I spoke to a vice principal, who shared some personal stuff with me and how he found me to be a valuable asset to the school and did not think I should feel unsafe. Since no one I know actually was willing to say they saw the bully pull his dick out, that was pretty much dropped because I did not actually see it myself and I won't lie. The VP is giving him a chance to change his ways, but he said that if the kid says ANYTHING to me that I am to go to him immediately and he will be expelled from the chool.

13. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

good, do you think the kid will do anything again?

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope it works out in either case, expulsion or otherwise :slight_smile:

15. brodyman

Good! Glad the VP worked out for you. Keep us informed if anything else happens. Good Luck :grin:

16. RyanCodey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, the past few days I have seen the kid and he won't even look at me anymore. I think my vice principal scared him :slight_smile:

17. GreyGirl08

Ryan,

Read all of the posts, and I just want to say that you're awesome, what you did was awesome, and it's great that your VP has your back. I'm sure the other queer kids at your school appreciate you more than you know. Keep it up, kid!