1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly depressed (mini-rant)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mogget, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Mogget

I've been struggling with depression this week, and this evening it's worse than usual. I feel really lonely and just want to cry. Don't really feel up to doing anything and feel completely miserable.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, I've been there before. I hope you feel better soon. I'm on here probably more often than I should be, feel free to talk to me if you want. :slight_smile:

3. brodyman

Man, I know the feeling. Sometimes it can get sooo lonely out there. The weird thing for me is it just hits me out of the blue too. I can be happy one moment but depressed for the next few days. Typically I go play with my dog if I'm lonely, a one year old puppy can really cheer you up.

4. MoDude66

MoDude66 Guest

The power of positive thinking does miracles. IMO, If you truly believe that you will be fine, then you will be. Sounds easy, not so much, but it works if you get it right. Hope everything works out for you. :slight_smile:

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) When you feel lonely and feel that things are starting to fall apart, call a friend and talk. Spend time with a friend.

6. Eleanor Rigby

I'm sorry you've been feeling depressed this week (*hug*). It happens sometime to have just a bad week for no reason (bad weather, a huge amount of small annoying things...).
    Treat yourself, it can help sometimes. Buy yourself a small present (DVD, CD, video game, book, nice bubble bath... whatever you fancy), eat things that you like, call a friend and ask them out to the cinema or to grab something to eat...
    Though if it doesn't seem to go away in a few days maybe it would be worth bringging this issues with your therapist.
    If you want to talk, keep in mind you're always welcome to PM me anytime.
    Take care (*hug*) Cécile

7. Foxed

I'm sorry to hear you're depressed lately, Liam. Personally, I always find getting on my bike, going for a ride through some nature trails or something, and just laying on a rock, tree, or just the grass, away from the world, to be extremely relaxing.

As Eleanor Rigby said, treat yourself. Do something for yourself that you enjoy!