1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullying in schools

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ADTR fan, Apr 11, 2011.

1. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

Hey guys, so I just wonder about how any of you deal or have dealt with bullying in schools.
    My issue isn't so much direct bullying, it's really indirect. Of course, the word bullying personally makes me laugh and generally I have a "man the fuck up" approach to negativity, but recently it's been getting me down. I guess it's because in my situation, it's a mandatory study hall where a group of boys consistently makes ignorant and offensive remarks about everyone that isn't like them--which is to say black christian men who think they're hood. So normally it's hoes and faggots but today it was asians and jews. While our teacher tries to talk them out of it, it generally escalates into a shouting match between 5 boys and one teacher. Pretty conducive to a school that prides itself on diversity and acceptance. In my utter frustration it boils down to this, the school system calls itself diverse because there's about 40% white students and 60%black with less than one percent others. Diverse my ass.

2. Foxed

Yeah, i've been bullied, and hard. Gr 3-7 was school-mates, emotional and physical, most of Gr 8 it was a teacher, all of which basically killed all my social skills, lost me my ability to trust people easily, and made me not be able to handle certain things about the life I should have had.

Sad thing is, it happens. I was just one of the unlucky many. Because some people are giant d--:***:.

But that's life, I guess.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, I'm not sure about proving it, but that's SOOOO much wrong it's not even funny. It's homophobic, it's racist, it's ethnist, it's anti-religious, EVERYTHING.

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

When wrongdoing is not properly punished and when acts of kindness are not properly rewarded, there is generally no motivation or morale among the kids to do what they think is right.

You can blame the kids, or you can say that the institution is not doing its job.

5. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    There are people like that everywhere- and yeah, it sucks to deal with the comments, but you just have to remember that you won't have to be in there with them forever. You could try talking to a teacher you trust if you feel like that's the right thing to do.