1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you help me with these 3 things

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alan t, Apr 13, 2011.

1. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really disorganized and have all these life failures I don't know what to do about. I'm not really sure what i'm asking, i don't expect magically helpful advice posted here, i don't know, maybe some friendly smilies would be nice though.

1. I want to stop procrastinating, I never get anything done because i never feel like doing things. I keep getting bored and end up wandering around because i can't stay and do something for more than 5 minutes. Also I avoid doing fun activities because i feel I don't have time to do them because I'm never getting my work done. But then I don't do that either.

2. I'm really boring so people don't really want to talk to me and I don't know how to make friends with people so I get really lonely. Sometimes I don't see anyone I know for 2-3 days at a time.

3. due to those among other things i feel depressed some times. i want to feel happier

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. make yourself do it.
    2. Find the humor in a situation.
    3. stop feeling sad.

3. Giorria

Giorria Guest

1. Get more proactive, you'll be able to do more with that spare time that you would of normally done being 'bored'. Try finding a good reason that you know you would work to as to why you would want to get these things done. I was procrastinating in job searching and now I have a purpose to wanting to find a new job, I shall be finding one with more day hours rather then the rubbish shift I work now so I can get an evening course on an area of work I would actually like to advance in.

2. Try inviting what friends you currently have to do some sort of activity outside of the normal things you do and work, maybe tell them that you don't mind if they invite people too. When the time comes, try and push yourself and talk to these other people if there are any there.

3. I know what you're feeling, only because of the current job that I'm working which I want to leave. Try pushing yourself to do things like the above or find a new hobby that you would really like enjoying. Sometimes its only you who can stop yourself from feeling sad. I can't speak for you but I try not to let myself think of my sad times as being 'depressed', but that would be because I know people who have depression so I've seen first hand what it does to people.

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

2. Friends are not something you should have to pretend in front of in order to feel accepted and not judged. It is exciting to meet up with new people, but it doesn't mean that you gotta be on the same level as them in terms of the level of outgoingness in conversation. If all you enjoy is the mere fact of their presence, then sit across the table and just smile, because you should get friends who will love you no matter what kind of person you are.

5. Artemicion

1. Well, procrastination is something a lot of us suffer from. For me, i tend to overindulge myself first then realize the guilt and have the drive me forward, but that's not the best experience. So the key part (or what I do anyways) is estimate how long things are going to take you, then plan out a rough schedule of where you can have fun and where you actually do work. Of course, that's the ideal situation (and just one way of dealing with it).

2. I'm not a pro at this either, but as far as i know, you have to reach out in some form of way rather than maintaining a status quo. So, this will most likely going out of your normal comfort zone in a way. Like Giorria above mentioned, inviting friends together to do something is always something where you create a chance to meet people. After all, friend of a friend can possibly become a friend of yours as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3. Hrm...Depression, i have that problem myself, so you're not alone. But think of what you enjoy, or small luxuries that you can indulge in (ha...i'm all about indulgences now xD), keep yourself distracted! If it works out, you may find yourself relieved at least a little bit.

6. TraceElement

Have you talked to your doctor about this? I have ADD (and do not medicate for it) and what you posted sounds like you may have it, or possibly something else going on. See if you can get into see a therapist to talk about strategies to work on these things.

7. alan t

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks for all your replies & advice