1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing advice very serious

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by collegeforfun, Apr 14, 2011.

1. collegeforfun

Ok so the way things are looking I came out about 5 months ago and people say its suppose to get better but I am not seeing any change at all. My parents seem to just keep getting worse and probably going to get kicked out for my sexuality and it scares me because I don't have the money to live on my own or the resources:help:. I am scared because if I can't make it then how am I expected to survive. My mother is where she is constantly mocking me or yelling on how I am a disappointment to her and the family and my father is becoming almost abusive. I am actually scared with me having to live there but I have no where to go and no friend will help me.... Plus they are talking saying they cant handle a homo living under their roof. I am quite depressed and I have had so much cross my mind trying to figure out whether I am even meant to live with all the shit that I am going through:tears:

2. TraceElement

I'm sorry that your parents are not very accepting of your sexuality, but we are here for you, and we accept you for you. You ARE meant to be here on Earth. It may not seem like it now, but you are.
    Are there any community LGBT groups in your area? They may be able to help you find emergency housing or be able to hook you up with something or someone/agency that provides assistance to people who are living in situations like yours. Also, if you do not have a job already, I would suggest starting a search to gain employment.

3. Tiny Catastrophe

Let me start off with you ARE meant to live. You're just going through a hard time right now. Your parents will get better in time. They love you and tho they may not agree with your lifestyle you are their son. Maybe some type of space is good for now until more time passes and hey really have a chance to digest this news. I know when I first came out my mom acted a bit like your mom and my dad refused to speak to me. My stepmom however didn't really care because her niece came out as bi a few years before me and was dating a girl at the time I came out and she kind of expected it. The person who honestly took it the best and was the most supportive was my uncle, who happens to be a priest. Figure that one out lol. Things have a way of working out. Just give it some time and your parents will adjust. I wish I had something more to say because I know "give it time" isn't the best answer but that's all I've got. I hope it helped a little. Stay strong and you always have us on EC to be there for you and we accept you

4. collegeforfun

Well I do have employment but I am a full time student in college and its hard to maintain school and job :/ idk what I am going to do....

5. zeratul

zeratul Guest

I suggest you talk to support groups on campus and LGBT friendly friends who may be kindhearted enough to help you.

6. TraceElement

I know this would be more expensive, but is it possible to live on campus next semester? If you can't get an apartment or something soon, can you take some general elective classes over the summer at a nearby community college so you can graduate sooner?

7. Eleanor Rigby

Isn't there any way for you to live on the university campus ? I imagine that money is probably an issue, such as the fact it is already late in the year, but maybe you can contact a counselor at university and tell them about your situation. They might be able to do something to help you finding a place to live that you'd be able to afford.
    Giving that home doesn't seem to be a safe place for you anymore, finding a way to live on your own might be the best solution.
    Let us know how things are going, (*hug*) Cécile

8. collegeforfun

I am trying my hardest but the only way the numbers really add up for me to live on my own is if I don't continue at my university and the down side about living on campus is the living quarters are all taken and I am not sure for summer housing because it is alot more expensive and I can't afford it plus tuition and still live a stable life. Not that I am not already in an unstable environment:cry:... I am having to leave no matter what starting next semester they asked me to leave the house and the counselors at my university are doing nothing to help me at all. I am really concerned for the fact that I will have to end my education for the moment. :cry: