1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moving out most likely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KnightAssassin, Apr 14, 2011.

1. KnightAssassin

Most likely i am moving out within the next 5 days and i am planning to pawn my ipod laptop camera and anything else i can ... only photo copies of birth certifacate and no ID , which here i can't get one with my photocopy .....so if i leave i am pretty much fucked ... i am going to tell my mom to order it and i just am not sure what to do , but i CANNOT STAY HERE WITH MY DAD ...... it is to toxic and harmful to me emotionally ..... so unless he leaves i do , i have 3 people [guaranteed ] i can hop house to house to atm until i graduate in a month ... maybe some realatives but idk what actually will be happening , i wil be going by ear and well it scares me to death .... i have a infinite weekend opportunity for places to stay i am unsure what to do ..... i cannot stay with my dad anymore , end of that . but i don't know if leaving right now , less than one month til graduation , is smart ... but i cant stay here or i will fall back into old habits , i just know i will , and those are not options i can take . i just dont know what to do ....... grr FML ...... sorry everyone i just need some advice

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can understand you needing to move out, but it's best to make sure you grab the next vine before you let go of the one you've got ahold of currently. You say you've got three houses you can stay at temporarily. Contact them NOW. Say you want to move in there NOW. Don't move out and then find you they're not going to be able to make good on that promise.

Lex

3. straal1972

yeah...what Lex^^ said. But make sure that you don't let this moving out wreck your last month of school and don't graduate, cus that would, in the long run be worse for you. As for moving in with relatives, thats what they are there for, to help you when you need it. Offer to do housework, yardwork, house painting, whatever in exchange for you staying with them. You won't seem like a mooch and it helps them out as well

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    also... really think before you pawn stuff. They give you about 10 or 20% of the value, and if you can't pay it back on time... you lose it. You might be better off selling anything you can afford to let go of on craigslist or ebay... you'll get a lot more cash, and you can always buy replacement stuff when you get a job.

I know the situation seems really bad but you will get past it and on to a better situation. Hopefully your mom will get a clue before you do that and take the step she needs to take.

5. xequar

As for the birth certificate and ID, go get those documents. You can go to the county building or courthouse of your county and get a copy of your birth certificate for something like $13. Go through the gyrations of getting a state ID, or take advantage of being 18 and just get a driver's license (which is actually easier to get than a plain ID in Michigan).

And yeah, don't pawn your stuff. Pawn shops are businesses too, ones that get sales based on the fact that they're offering good stuff at really good prices. That means they're not in a position to offer you much of anything on your stuff. When I was getting my TV degree, one of my classmates did a little segment on the local pawn shop. Using the program's $5,000 camera as an example, the shop owner laid out the math. The end result was that if my classmate decided to pawn the camera, he would have gotten about $800-1000 cash.

Go talk to your friends about crashing out with them.