1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonley

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Urman, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Urman

Urman Guest

I am just wondering is it hard to find the right person i really don't know were to start because i don't think there are many gays in my area.Im just really lonely with out someone any suggestions? (&&&)(!)

2. biisme

have you thought of going to an online dating service and looking up people in your area? it might be a place to start. you live in New York? it's so big it might even have like a speed date thing or something. maybe?

3. Urman

Urman Guest

Im really not in to online dating thing i guess but im also looking for someone to talk to and not a person just for $ex:***:

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well my son met his fantastic partner on gay.com. Of course, you have to be very careful with this sort of things. Be sure you talk to the person at length for a long time before you meet. Then try talking on the phone. If you still feel good about it, then arrange to meet somewhere in public. Take things slow and it could work out! I love my son's boyfriend!

#4 beckyg, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  5. Jim1454

I found some really great people to talk to by placing an ad on craigslist.org in the 'strictly platonic' personals section. (The other personals sections are pretty graphic... and that's not what you're looking for.) Be honest and open about what you're looking for - and the beautiful thing about craigslist is that you can remain anonymous until you actually reply to someone that has responded to your ad!

Let me know if you need any help setting that up. I found it to work really well!

I also came across my current 'bf' (I feel way too old to use that expression, but what the heck!) online as well. As Becky said, be very careful, and very clear as to what it is you are looking for from others.

Good luck!

6. Urman

Urman Guest

i know i posted this a while ago but im well im still single :frowning2:

7. Jim1454

What have YOU done to try and change that situation? Cuz it isn't going to happen by itself...

8. Urman

Urman Guest

i dont know were to start and im really shy

9. sexyalex

i am a bit shy myself and very lonely. i definetly have never met a gay person in my life and idk anyone where i live that is. also, i greatly fear and write about it day by day in my diary about fearing to grow alone and never find the right someone because i have honestly never been with anyone in my life and i don't think it's because of my looks(used to think that but i get too many comments that i am 'good looking') so i blame shyness :x

10. Urman

Urman Guest

i just dont know were to start idk i hate being shy

11. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry you're not alone, this isn't advice but I'm 36 and shy and I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as you're healthy. Jim1454 has talked to me his advice is sound, I just learned about the craigslist.org thing though. I might give that a try.

12. Urman

Urman Guest

i hate being shy it makes it harder