1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fail!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danny19, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Danny19

ok for those of you who know about my last post about the guy at apple i have an update i guess you could say...

soooo. Today i was nervous all freaken day. On my way to the apple store i was all positive and shit. As soon as i put step on the store i said i couldnt do it. I took the appointment i had made for my mac. When we were done we left to put my mac back in the car. We went back cuz i felt like i had to give him my number.. There all i did was look at stuff and then him. I just couldnt do it. We just walked around then he saw me and he smiled. and the convo went like this

him: hey, you are back again?
    me:yea hehe
    him: so how was your appointment
    me: good, they just couldnt hear the noise im talking about, apparently only i could hear it
    both giggle
    him: ooh well thats weird
    me: yea
    (awkward silence)
    (i look over and call my friend S for some dummass reason)
    Him: is it the kind like that ringtone that people over 30 cant hear
    me: yea i guess hehe..
    (another awkward moment and we both slowly walk away)

uuugh the end was weird and i felt stupid cuz i couldve asked how r u or something like that.. we spent like 2 hours at the store for me to get the courage to talk to him more. I would glance at him and try to go with him but i couldnt.. then at one point we were on this table looking at the macbook air and i would see him walking by us a looot. like slowly in circles kinda unnoticeable but i noticed.lol.. then at one point he stopped and looked at me and said " so r u guys boored so ur gonna stay here all day" i think he ment it in a jokingly way and i just said yea and he smiled and left. another opportunity lost. then after a while he came out of the room and he had changed his shirt. he was leaving. so we decided to leave. He went the same way so i could say something but i couldnt. until he stopped to get something out of his bag, i saw him and i was like bye and waved he said bye too and kinda smiled. then we left..:confused:

after this i felt horrible for not getting the courage to do what i wanted to do. my friends kept telling me its okay and that its good for a first time, since i never given anyone my number or asked for it, they also said things happen for a reason and i need to calm down and go again and try, its progress. now I cant give up though. I dont even know this guy but for some reason i cant stop thinking about him. He seems like a cool guy and he is cute. My friends say i have a crush but idk.. I need to go again and talk more but idk what to say or how to even approach him without being random and popping out of somewhere and be like so how r u. what do u guys think? thanks in advance sorry if its too long.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seems pretty clear that he either wants to be friends, or is interested, or both. I'd say go for it. Nothing to lose :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I second Chip on this one. Go for it! :slight_smile:

4. brodyman

I would have to third this. He definitely seems interested!

5. Eleanor Rigby

Step one : take a piece of paper and write your name and phone number on.
    Step two : go back, take a deep breath, try to put a big smile on your face and tell him something like "Well, I know it's going to sound weird, but you seem to be a cool guy and I think you're cute. Would you like to grab a coffee with me sometimes ?"
    Step three : whatever his answer is, leave him the paper with your phone number.

I know this sounds crazy and scary, but that's probably the easiest and less awkward way of doing this. What do your risk trying that really ? The worst that could happen is for him to say "Sorry, I'm not interested.", in wich case, you'll simply have to avoid the store for a while. You really have nothing to lose.

Take care (*hug*) Cécile

6. matthew90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your friends were right, that was good for a first time and at least you made conversation with him and now at least you guys know sorta know each other now. And at least you also got to say good bye! Everyone here is on the ball, go for it again, I agree with Eleanor Rigby with the steps to take to giving him your number/asking him out. You will never know if you try, and you got nothing to loose. Time to organise another trip to the apple store again hehe!

7. Gumtree

The only other advice I can offer is next time you go into the Apple store, either approach him quickly without dawdling in the store too much, or have a really good Apple/Mac related excuse for being in there. Otherwise you 'could' come across as a bit creepy.

8. Idonteven

I completely agree with this and its what I'd do and totally suggest you think about if you're finding it hard to think of anything to do. (*hug*)

9. Danny19

oh thanks guys. telling me you guys think he is interested makes me feel better and im not the only one who thinks so. lol

Eleanor Rigby i like the steps you put in, however i feel like i will be too freaken nervous, i dont think i would be able to just say that. lol. i wish i could just shut down the nervous emotion for that time.

10. Eleanor Rigby

If you're really freaking out, maybe you can bring some friends with you to give you the extra push in the back. Or maybe, you could ask one of your friend to take the step two for you (though that can make it even more awkward). Two years ago, one of my friend was crushing on a guy working at the tourism office of the city where we were on holidays, but she didn't dare to ask him out. So I and one of my friend went there, and we told the guy "We know it sounds weird, but our friend M came here a few times and since then, she is talking about you a lot. She is a very cool girl and she is single, so here is her name and phone number, feel free to give her a call if you want to."
    He didn't call, but he sent her a very nice text message saying it was very flattering but that he wasn't single.
    Sometimes, it takes to seize the chance to make things happen, and if he turns you down, then you could still be proud of yourself for trying.
    Take care, Cécile

11. Danny19

yea everytime i go i take my friend..but i feel that maybe he finds it harder to approach me when my friends are around... i was also thinking about my friend giving him my number but idk if that would make me seem like a coward or just a turn off...

12. Idonteven

I wouldn't let a friend give him your number, I really think thats a bad idea. Whether you ask him out directly or give him your number etc, you have to be the one to do it. Alone if at all possible.

13. Lotty

This.
    And if you're too nervous, here's my advice: don't think too much. That's what I did when I wanted to come out to a friend and my dad. Just start talking without thinking 'is this a good idea?' 'maybe he isn't into me' and that kinda shit. Later, you can think 'what the hell am I doing' , but then you've already started, so you can't chicken out anymore.

Good Luck(*hug*)

14. stageone

I think he's waiting for you to ask...

15. Danny19

Lotty. maybe your right. the times i have gone there i start overthinking of what ima say and do. and usually nothing happens. i guess i have to stop doing that and just let it happen..

stageone. u think so?

16. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He may not be allowed, under Apple policy, to ask someone out.

PS: I know someone who works at an Apple store and he says there are a ton of people at Apple stores who are gay. It's sort of like the Starbucks for computer stuff :slight_smile: So that, at least, slightly increases the chance that this guy is, in fact, gay. :slight_smile:

17. Danny19

Chip- so he could get fired if he asked for my number or on a date?

18. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably not fired -- it's one of those rules lots of companies have on the books, but don't use unless someone complains -- but a lot of companies have the rule just so obnoxious employees won't be hitting on the customers on a regular basis. I don't know if Apple has such a policy, but I know a lot of companies do.

19. Danny19

ooooh i get it. thanks. i guess its up to me to make a move.

20. No One

Oh now I want you to just do it so I can know what happens!!!