1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by why1313, Apr 17, 2011.

1. why1313

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :help: If i was molested at age 8 by my brother and his friends, and i am now sexually attracted to other boys, did that have anything to do with it??????????:confused:

2. Jay

Jay

First of all, sorry you have went through that, it is really tough and hang on there!!!

Does it has something to do? Maybe.
    Sexuality is defined by our experiences besides the genes/hormones. You have not stated how old you're right now but you might feel attracted to guys because of that unfortunate event. I would advise the following:

Don't really sweat it.

In this society, people are very concerned about one's sexual orientation and that is bull. You're beautiful the way you are and don't let anyone affect what you think of yourself. A little soul searching might be needed but at the end, whatever you find, is bound to be a beautiful, unique and very special human being. :slight_smile:

If after this little soul searching you do realize you're attracted to women and men, or just men, or you're just infatuated by men but you do prefer women, whatever it is, it's OK. The wounds might be big, and hurtful, but they are bound to close with time and love. And I wish you the best of the lucks! We're always here to help. :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I answered your question here (I moved your original posting of the question from the thread it was in to its own thread.)