1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate my teacher

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bryohazard, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Bryohazard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I go to a catholic school and i got a lunch detention for writing a paper on homosexuality. I wrote about how it is not a choice and other things but i guess my teacher was offendid by it so he told me to stay after class when he was grading it. He told me he did not approve and that i have to stay in his room at lunch. This is stupid

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I genuinely feel sad for you right now, and you go to a Catholic school so you can't even file a complaint or a report about it. I agree, it's stupid. What an asshole, seriously. You get props from me for writing about it though. ^_^

3. IanGallagher

Catholic school sucks. I went to an all guys' school (half good, half not). Is most of the school somewhat more progressive or classic bigoted and it's just that teacher?

4. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

oh that sucks! He isn't a very good teacher if he isn't open minded, I would love to read it though. you should send me a pm with it copied into it.

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad I don't go to a catholic school, my RS teacher had a 20min argument with a guy in my ethics class when he said homosexuallity was wrong (she's awsome).
    One of my friends goes to a private school; she said in a philosophy class that homosexuallity couldn't be wrong because we are naturally atracted to people of our own sex and the male g-spot is in the **** which shows that people were ment to get sexuall pleasure in that way. (A girl in the class cried and she got a 2 day suspension)

6. brodyman

I have to congradulate you on having the guts to right a paper about that at a Catholic, I could never do that. :eusa_clap Sometimes I can get frustrated at the Catholic school system because I too go to a Catholic school. It can get pretty tiresome at times :bang:

I can completely relate to what your saying. I just don't have the guts to write a paper like that. I have a question though, what were the other things you wrote about? Because the Catholic Church agrees with the fact that homosexuality is not a choice and that God loves you either way. They just believe being in a homosexual relationship is a sin.

Depending on what else you wrote about it could have been in perfect accordance to Church Law. Also, maybe the teacher is mad at you for a different reason, what type of paper were you supposed to write and for what class? Also if he has no other reason for "not approving" of the paper other then it is about homosexuality, you have a right to your opinion even in a Catholic school. Bring it up with your school counselor, a trusted teacher, or even the Vice Principal. I hope everything works out for you but remember there are others who know how you feel (&&&) .

7. PositiveChange

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Punishing somebody for expressing his/her oppinions is silly. Especially sending a nearly adult person (I assume you're in high school) to classroom detention. In my oppinion, the teacher made an idiot of himself. If what's shown in the American movies is true, then I'm amazed by how much some American teachers love this silly pedagogical detention. I go to a Catholic school too, but my teachers are not brainwashed fanatics of any kind. Students have various views and their oppinions are tolerated. Moreover, our school's headmaster and prefect LOVE arguing with students whose views are different from theirs. Summing up, not all Catholic schools are like that. Maybe it's because we don't have any 'Catholic school system' in Poland and everything in Catholic schools goes in full accordance with the educational legislation. I'm very glad that my school is pretty normal. There are some great people there (many of them, including me, don't even consider themselves Catholic and they speak openly about it) and it's probably the best school in the town.

#7 PositiveChange, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  8. Aya McCabre

Things like this make me appreciate my old school. It was a presbyterian school but I got away with writing essays about homosexuality and on one occasion the church of Satan and still got good marks for them. I guess it depends if it was the school or just the teacher,but most schools (here anyway) don't allow the subject you write about to affect your grade as long as it was within the task that was set..... so you might have some wiggle room if you get a bad grade for it.

9. Chandra

You should not be given detention for stating your opinion, whether the teacher and/or the Catholic church agrees with you or not.