1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fairybread, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, basically, I'm sick of hiding. I don't want people to like me for someone I'm not. I want to come out and be me.

The problem? I also don't want to. I'm fighting a battle with my own head. The reason I'm apprehensive? Maybe cos of the mixed reactions I've received from close friends and my mum... There's been the 'oks' the 'that's sinful and wrong and you'll go to hell' and everywhere in between.

I want people to know, but I want to be the one to tell them. But at the same time I don't.

I hope this all nakes sense.. Any ideas? :/

2. Jim1454

I'll share the same message that is shared with many people here - you'll know when it's right for you to come out. You'll be at a point where the expected benefits will outweigh the expected downside.

The best thing to do is to keep getting comfortable with yourself. The more self confidence you have, the less it will matter how other people react. So just hang out here for a while longer. That certainly helped me, and has helped lots of others as well. Be patient with yourself and give yourself some time, and you'll be at that 'spot' before you know it!

3. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is, I want people to know. But, I can't work out how to get it out there...

4. eleven95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You've pretty much described exactly how I feel. It's tough, fighting back and forth in your own head. You seem to have gotten farther along than I have though, so that's something.

5. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really that far along, and you'll get there :slight_smile: