1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its gettin' pretty obvious now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

At school, im making it as obvious as possible that im gay/bi, like ive told all my friends i don't want kids, i make gay double entendres. Since doing this, ive been accused of being gay daily lol, but i just shrug it off or say "ofcourse" sarcasticly.
    But the thing is, everyone who has accused me of being gay/bi has said that they wouldn't care if i was...heres a few quotes ~

female ~ "it doesn't matter if your gay, besides most people don't know at this age"
    female ~ "hey! i would still like ya if you were gay"
    male ~ "infact, i think i'd prefer you if you were gay"
    male ~ "i don't mind if you were gay or bi, but it annoys me that you don't have the balls to come out"

Looks good right? only reason i wouldn't tell any of them is cause im worried that alot of people would find out and this would really damage my social life and stuff...im sure alot of my other male friends would never invite me round to their house or let me stay over, and i'd get taken the piss out of constantly....i need to get over my untrustworthy attitude tbh....bleh i dont know....im like desperate to tell someone ....meh

Thanks to anyone who read it

2. pirateninja

It seems as if you're trying to come out to your friends in the subtlest ways as if to find out what they think of it, and it seems as well as if most of the responses have been positive. I suggest that it is the friends that you know will not treat you differently that you tell, and even then let it be known that you don't particularly want it spread about. You've had the feedback, act on it! I understand social life is important, but if you say to your friends "Yes I'm gay but I don't want loads of people knowing" then they should respect your wishes. Good luck and I hope it goes well!

3. Ty

Ty Guest

I would hope that they would respect my wishes and not say anything but i dunno...its just ive seen peoples secrets get out all the time and i could easily see it happening to me. -.-

4. emerald

When I was coming out I did the same thing. ^.^;;;
    I'd make all these subtle comments and even when they told me they didn't care, I still couldn't come right out and say it.
    Finally my friend asked me and I just said yes. Everyone did find out, but it was easier than telling them. Especially with them already knowing.
    And to be honest if they really are your friends and they're worth having, they'll still like you.

5. SpikySpice

Since your friend said taht they dont care, it's half safe to come out to them. If you want the other half safe, tell them to keep the secrets. Some dose expect yout o be honest and coem out so it's good that you do so:slight_smile:

And dont come out to random peopel or friends who youdont know really well, even if they ask, take time, for your 100% safe

6. xequar

I'd say you have a good stategy going right now, and given the responses, I'd say it looks pretty good for coming out. At this point, although it would be impossible to say for certain, maybe coming out would help your social life because instead of people getting ideas from hints and vague comments, they'd know and could adjust accordingly.

Best of luck if you do come out!

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Thanks =] I feel im getting closer to....so maybe soon....but should i tell family > friends first though? i would hate it if it got out and they found out from someone else =/

8. xequar

Only you can decide in what order you should tell people. Personally, I told the majority of my friends before I got the chance to tell my parents. If you told friends first for the potential confidence boost, then told parents reasonably quickly after that, it might work out just fine.

Good luck! (*hug*)

9. TeeBe

I wouldn't worry so much about the social aspect of coming out. HOnestly, by highschool, not very many people care, and there are enough peopole to escape the ones who do. By university/college, NO ONE cares :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Tom

Tom Guest

you shud tlk 2 me bout these things when on msn but the person u want to come out the most to then i think you shud as she seems trustworthy with what uve said.

tlk bout it tomoro? or we gona be 2 busy? =P

11. Jerr

Best... quote... ever. lol:roflmao:

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Hehe

I just gave him a blank face when he said that o.0

13. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well, if youve seen my posting on the influences in my life that make it hard, try to look it up. some people made really good points and im in the same situation as you.

its hard because well, i just cant comeout becuase of the social position im in. im not popular, beyond popular. but with student government and protesting about the wrong doings of our class government makes me well known...

anyway, just click on my pic, look for the link with all of my postings and look for too many influences. itll explain alot.

14. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Practice on your friends first, especially the ones who say they wouldn't care. The worst they could do is let it slip to other people, and it gets you prepared for coming out to family members.