1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To man up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by British Lad, Apr 22, 2011.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

My Dad and I was having A slightly drunkion discusion yesterday about were I am going in life and to "cut the crap" he told me to man up other wise I am going to be somebodys bitch, and be walked over. So how can I drop the pussy slighly effemante me and become a juganort of manliyness. (soz for the crap spelling)

2. Mr.Pushover

Be who you are, don't change. If you want to take responsibilities better, you can do that, but you don't have to change your voice, clothes style, body weight, or anything to do that. You can get a better attitude if you're willing.

3. Zontar

You just asked this same question in Chit Chat.

Stop worrying about what other people tell you and go your own way.

I personally would love to be someone's special little bitch.

4. aidan

Start smoking cigars and drinking bourbon? That's the best I can think of.

But seriously, your daddy doesn't know what he's talking about. If you don't want to be someone's bitch you should work on becoming more confident, not less effeminate.

You can start here:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupNzpcpDRk[/YOUTUBE]​

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My father (more subtly) also wanted me to "be a man". But his definition and your father's definition don't seem to jibe. When my father told me to "be a man", he meant "man up" - "be an adult" or "do the right thing". And that's something I've always tried to do, no matter if I do it in a masculine or feminine way. :slight_smile:

What should you do? The same thing.

I'd say the next time you talk to your father, tell him that just because you're gay (and perhaps effeminate) doesn't mean that you'll let people walk all over you, and you're not going to be "nobody's bitch". And that includes being HIS.

Lex