1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to convince myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkcheesse, Apr 22, 2011.

1. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i've been on EC many time times about my problems and the answer is always the same seek profetional help. i know i should but i can't seem to beable convince myself to do it. last time i even atempeted to phone the doctor to make an apointment i had an anxeity attack and gave up. my friends, my parents have all tried to help but every time they do, i just push them futher away.

I want to get past my anxeity and my many other problems and after a year of trying i've reached the conclusion like hell i can attualy do it on my own. But i can't seem to get passed my irrational fear of doctors, the only time i ever visit a doctor is when i'm forced to by my parents dragging me to the apointment.

I'm not really sure what adivce im looking for, i just needed to vent i geuss

2. Ecap1

Hey man, don't sweat it. I have this weird "phobia" (not really a phobia, just get a lil anxious) of calling/answering calls from strangers. It's almost sad/funny

But anyway,
    Think of it this way. If you make your appointment and go to the doctor, VERY soon you'll get it over with and find yourself smiling and thinking "Wow, what was all that anxiety about?"

If you DON'T do it, however, you'll be stuck worrying and stressing about it and if things get worse (I don't know exactly what your problems are) you might regret it and wish you could've seen a doctor and what would've happened if you did and stress even more.

Facing your fear may seem really hard (well, it IS) but the feeling once you overcome it is really rewarding. Just do it broooo. If I knew you in person I would set it up for you secretly and tell you I'm driving you to the park and actually take you to the doctors....tough love. Haha, but seriously, you can do it!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you enlist your parents' help? Since you seem to go if they make the appointment, can you ask them to make the appointment for you? At that point, when you go, you can just hand the therapist a printout of a bunch of your EC posts. That way, you won't even have to tell them anything.

Lex