1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Like This Guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedInCali, Apr 23, 2011.

1. confusedInCali

I found this guy that I really like. I've barely talked to him, and he lives like 1:30 away from me. And I'm not out yet. I can't stop thinking about him, and I know that I'll probably never see him again. I know this is REALLY weird, but how should I deal with this?

2. Hot Pink

Well, first thing is first: never say die. Second, give us some details. Did you meet him in person or online? Did you find out his name? Do you have any means to contact him or find him?

3. cardenio

Whatever you do, please do not put yourself in harm's way, especially for a guy you barely know. Whatever you feel for this guy you will feel for a number of other guys throughout your life, believe me.

4. Hot Pink

That's true too, but he still hasn't really told us more about him. People need to learn to add some information to their questions. xx

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I would actually say to just move on. Sorry to say, but there isn't much that you can do in this situation.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I have to agree with TheEdend. Given that you know that you will probably not see him again and you have barely talked with him thus far, it might be better to move on. It is going to take a bot of time, but you will be able to eventually.

But having that crush isn't bad. In fact, having that crush, and perhaps also knowing that you need to move on, could give you some impetus for starting the coming out process. Being in the closet and trying to get to know someone in the hopes that a relationship will form or develop can be quite difficult and often times it doesn't have a positive outcome as it can place a lot of strain on dates/the relationship.

7. Bolin

I have to agree. I've been in your situation before (I think), and this is the best thing you can do in my opinion.

8. confusedInCali

Sorry for such a bare post, I was kind of in a hurry. Yes, I did meet him in person. And it probably is a good idea to move on. I think I was so drawn to him because I just kind accepted that I'm gay and he is one of the first guys of my type that I've seen, I guess. Thanks for all the advise.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck, I hope everything will work out. Just try and move on for now.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You say that he accepted that you were gay, but I don't see any word as to whether he said he was gay in return. And you'd think that would come up if he were. :slight_smile: Given just that, I'd say thank him for the fantasy fuel, and start moving on.

Lex

11. confusedInCali