1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes on straight guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ethan A, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Ethan A

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How many of you have or have had crushes on straight guys?

It seems I always fall for straight guys. Three of the four guys I have ever developed feelings for were straight. Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat.

Is it because we always want what we can't have? :bang:

2. Mogget

Crushing on straight guys doesn't happen because we have a catlike desire to be near those who won't show us affection, but because the majority of the population is straight. And to be honest, it's not much better for straight people. Most of their crushes won't return the affection, either.

3. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I rarely encounter out guys my age and when I do, they're usually limp wristed alcoholics. I've only ever crushed on straight (or maybe closeted) guys.

4. Hot Pink

I can relate. I'm always falling for straight girls. It makes it harder since I'm still at the beginning of my transition. Most still see me as a guy, so it makes it possible for me to get straight girls. Problem is that they realize that I'm not a guy pretty quickly and lose interest.

5. Mystery

Been there wished I'd done that lol. I didn't really think I was gay until I fell for my best friend who is straight. I don't know why some people have crappy luck to fall for people they can't have. It's just how it works I guess.

6. RaRa

I've only had one that I'd consider a crush. I actually saw him tonight after a long hiatus. Still looking good, still flirty with each other, and we still have a good time together. We are SO meant to be with each other but it'll never happen...sadly. :/

7. Rikudo

Everybody gets them at some point just like they probably get crushes on us heterosexually challenged folks.

8. Bolin

Well, obviously I get crushes on straight guys. It's when I start to fall in love with them that it becomes a problem...

9. RedKnight

My 2 main crushes on guys were both straight guys. But I think this probably has something to do with me not knowing any gay guys, possibly, maybe.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never crushed on a straight guy. Ever. But the first guy I crushed on was a gay guy who wasn't at all interested in me, so I ended up pretty much in the same spot anyway. :slight_smile:

Lex