1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i come out to my dad ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Just Jodie, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Just Jodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ok so ,
    my mum and dad are divorce. me and my dad have a really good relationship even though we dont live near eachother. when my mum found out i was gay, she took it really badly and ou relationship has completly withered.

now i want to come out to my dad . im really nervous and dont know how to approch it.
    im thinking about writting him a letter but i dont know where he stands on being gay .

any advise would relaly help
    thanks jodie

2. Flyers2011

Do you get visitations with your dad? Do you see him on the weekends or on Wednesdays?

If so you could bring up any kind of LGBT rights movement or something? Then you can see where he stands.

If his response is good, tell him in person. If not so much, write him a letter because he can't argue with a letter. That'll give him time to swallow everything and figure things out. His response won't be as emotional or as angry (if he gets angry). You could then call him after your sure he's read it.

Just explain everything the best you can in the letter. That way he understands exactly what you might be thinking.

3. Just Jodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do see my dad but only about once every six months, so telling him in person would have to wait which im not sure i want to do as i feel that it has already waited too long. thank you for your help. i've already lost the support from my mum i dont want to loose it from him to .