1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wish something would happen already

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Watz08, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Watz08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, it's me again. Sorry to make another thread but I feel like I need to ask someone about this or at least complain about it.

So if you haven't been following this little saga of mine it goes like this:
    I like a guy, can't work up the nerve to talk to him, find him on facebook and send a friend request even though we've never spoken to each other and have no mutual friends. He doesn't accept (of course) and I go up to him in person to apologize for my rudeness.

So that's where I'm at. I feel like I'm at least on neutral ground with him and now he knows who I am. He also hasn't done anything with my facebook request even though I asked him to delete it when I said I was sorry. I've been playing it cool and not worrying so much about speaking to him and maybe just say hi when I see him.

This wouldn't be so bad if I could ever have a chance to speak to him. After my brief apology I've spoken too him a grand total of zero times. He's hardly ever in class and when he is he's in a position where I would have to purposely walk up to him which I don't want to do right now. With the class now over I won't see him for at least four months. He also hasn't made an attempt to talk to me. If this was all I would just say he wasn't interested and move on but it's the facebook thing that bugs me.

He still hasn't done anything with my friend request which means he should be able to see almost anything I post and I can see some of what he does. I don't know what to make of it. Does it mean he might possibly be slightly interested in, if anything, being friends? Or is he keeping it this way so I wouldn't be able to send another request? We do have a few things in common and if he's looked at my profile he knows that. I know I'm over thinking this but the inaction is driving me crazy.

Ok, done with my rant type thing. So what do you all think? Should I stick it out a while longer or just cut the ties and move on? I will see him one more time for the final exam but that doesn't seem like the best time to do anything. After that it's if I'm lucky enough to run into him on campus. He seems like the shy type so I don't expect much from him, which sucks because I'm the shy type too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Thanks for any input and sorry again for asking for help on the same thing (last time I swear).

2. Cool25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I'm not really sure if I can be of much help to you but I was/am in a very similiar situation to you. I really liked and this guy and still do. Added him but he didn't respond so I let it go. Then we spoke a few times, although only really very small talk, and I added him again and he accepted. But the most important question is this- is he gay? This guy that I liked is taken and definitely appears to be straight so I'm just trying to get over him now. I know that wasn't probably much help but if he isn't definitely gay than maybe just let it go?

3. Hot Pink

Your solution is simple: talk to him. Not sure what else to say. You haven't even tried to take the first step. Quietly obsessing over someone is never healthy.

Stop wishing and do something.

#3 Hot Pink, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  4. Watz08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not 100% sure he's gay but from our limited interaction I have a good feeling about it. And I know talking to him is the obvious choice but I guess I'm not sure how to do it. He always rushes out of class with his friend and I would feel awkward stopping him just to talk to him. I know there's nothing to lose but I don't really know what I would say to him at the beginning. Any suggestions?

#4 Watz08, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  5. Bryan90

I always tell people that you can never be a 100% sure of how someone feels based on that person's actions. Even if you talk to the person, you can have a better idea, but you also have no absoulte assurance that they are not lying to you or even themselves.

HOWEVER, with the limited information you have given me, based on generalisation, probability and fuzzy logic, there is a high chance, I have a feeling that he is not romantically interested in you. (My guess can obviously be wrong).

Of course, you could always change that by taking more initiatives to get to know him more and allowing him to know you more.