1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A digital life just isn't cutting it anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hot Pink, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Hot Pink

Being a transsexual is tough to be in reality, but on the internet you can be anyone you want and nobody ever has to know who you really are. It was easy being a girl on the internet. While I am a girl, I do view it as dishonest to not tell people who I really am. People on online communities find out sooner or later anyway.

Anyway, while I have had real life experience with love, my experiences have been limited. It's just easier on the internet. You like someone, you tell them, and you date them. Easy. Real life isn't that easy. It takes a lot of courage to talk to someone you like. Problem with me is that I used to hold everyone at arm's length. This kept me from actually growing attached to anyone or even getting a crush on anyone.

I've actually been involved with a girl over the internet for three years now. It's been slow. Her last girlfriend was shot when they were being mugged and she hasn't recovered. I'm her first "serious" relationship since then. She's constantly afraid she'll lose me. Me being transsexual hasn't made that fear any easier on her.

As for me, I've been trying to get out of the closet. Now that I have, she's trying her best finally for us to really become serious. Problem is that we still only know each other over the internet and she lives quite a ways away. I live in Minnesota and she lives in Alberta. It hurts to be so far away from her. Knowing her only on the internet isn't enough anymore.

2. Hot Pink

I guess I should add that I don't really want to break up with her, but moving that far would be difficult right now. I still have another year of school left. What should I do?