1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkwardness?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fairybread, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Atm I feel real awkward. I don't seem to fit in anywhere. I also keep sinking down into my past, which is not a happy place to be. I then rember things I don't want to remember, which makes it worse, and it's like a never ending cycle...

I tried to come out to someone yesterday, and it didn't go well.. They basically said that I should stop pretending to be something I'm not, that they have "friends who are legitimately gay" and that I'm only saying it for attention. I'm trying to come out, because I'm tired of hiding. But, things like that hurt, and really don't help...

the conversation, or part of it, read...

So yea.. That's what I got last night :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

And I feel dejected and not good enough..

And I apologize if this thread makes no sense, its kinda a rant.. Any advice, support or anything would be much appreciated...

2. Hot Pink

I really can't imagine what this is like for you. I didn't have to deal with this myself. If it's any consolation, I believe you. ^^

3. seven crows

Coming out to someone takes a lot of courage (*hug*)
    If your friend made fun of you, and called your coming out an attention-seeking escamotage, she probably doesn't realize how hard it is to try to figure yourself out, and how much bravery it takes to admit to yourself and to others who you really are.
    Also, I can't see why anyone would think you could come out as bisexual or gay only because you're in need of attention. That's stupid. I mean, it wouldn't even be worth the trouble, right? Why would someone say it if it wasn't true?
    Or if they didn't believe it was true?

Maybe your friend thinks you're "confused" or just "going through a phase" - apparently many people will think that, especially if you come out when you're still a young teen. But her reaction was not appropriate anyway, she should have taken you seriously, and she should have listened to you.
    You opened up to her, and she just brushed you off like that - I say she probably doesn't realize (or she didn't value enough) the gift of the trust you put in her. For that alone she should feel grateful, because it meant you considered her a friend worthy of your trust.

Try to explain her again how you're feeling, if she's a real friend she'll understand. If she still doesn't, I wouldn't insist - it would be worth the waste of time. :dry:

Hugs :kiss:

4. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no way she's going to believe it.. And I don't really want to talk to her.. Not after what happened... And now I'm scared to come out to anyone else in case that happens... Again.

5. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the comments, and if anyone else has anything it would be much appreciated

6. addie88

hey...that girl is a [insert swear word of your choice here]. it is so frustrating when we finally figure everything out, and then we spend so much time and energy into plucking up the courage to tell someone...and they accuse us of stupid things like this...it's not fair, so don't listen to her or feel bad about it, because, like seven crows said, she's not worth your time. everything she said was totally disrespectful and rude- we all believe you here, and like you said to her, you know who you are. so be proud; she's probably just suffering from some major insecurities issues herself.

hope things turn around for you soon. they usually do :slight_smile:

7. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks addie88

I sure hope they do...