1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance Relo's!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Grantious, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Grantious

Do they all end?

I had one when i was really young :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: twas not amazing experience but im sure a lot of you guys have had feelings for sum1 u met over the net, i swore i wouldn't do that again but i did after a couple years, now im in 1 again cuz when u meet sum1 u click with its hard 2 say now ur emotions take over and your like screw it , lets just be together haha, anyway he's a ex model and when ur long distance that makes u uneasy not 2 mention he works like 10 hours a day so when you long distance makes it even harder, anyway he's growing distant used to talk every day now its once every 3 n he dosn't seem 2 happy about it.

I should throw in that we broke up cuz of distance but we both felt empty without each other as sappy as that sounds, im set 2 c him again in a month and a half but yeh its just weird n hard 2 gauge without physical contact, is it just paranoia that not talkn as much n lack of enthusiasm is freaking me out?

Thanks for listening if u managed to read all that sexy ppl :slight_smile:
    xo.

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They don't all end. Just like regular face-to-face relationships, certain percentages never get off the ground, some last and then fizzle out, and very rarely some last forever. I for one don't think the distance is much of a factor for a secure, loving relationship. True, being far from the one you love is far from easy, but if you are truly committed (and so are they) then it ought to work out.

I don't have any examples, which unfortunately and significantly weakens my above statement. But I do know an older couple who had a long distance marriage at one point. The husband had to go away on business for years, and she stayed home with the children. Granted, they are from a generation that basically couples for life, but I still see it as a testament to true love.

3. Grantious

yehh i kno what u mean so if its ment 2 b it will basicly?

4. Pickles23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, both my relationships were long distance, though one was 6 hours out of the city and the other 2 hours away. Though both ended very horribly.

The important thing is communication. Like if you're feeling upset at the fact he is doing something crappy, tell him. Talk to him about how you feel and all that. Because honestly, if you don't, all these feelings will fester and even the smallest issue will feel like a major mocking stab in your testicle.

If he's growing distant, tell him you're getting worried and would like to know what's going on at his end. If you two really love each other and all that sappy junk, he'll understand, tell you what he's feeling and what he needs at the moment (like an understanding boyfriend)...

Heh, ironically I could have been in this situation because my boyfriend dumped me because of distance, but the chemistry, passion, emotion and attraction was still all there, even a year and a half later without contact. Unfortunately, my second boyfriend had cheated on me and I was a fucked up mess to even think straight.

Anyways, communicate that you're worried to him. If you can't do it on instant chat, write up an email or FaceBook inbox and send it to him that way so you two both can have time to reflect on your feelings.

It's hard doing long distance, but it can work if both are willing... (Yeah, my two relationships aren't very helpful, but they were amazing before they ended so horribly)

5. Grantious

well we never instant message its always phone convo's , over chat i guess i wldn't hav 2 worry about the tone of his voice hahah, but i must admit i love him

6. xequar

First, please, use full English, not text speak.

Second, long distance relationships do have the odds stacked against them, but then, I can personally attest to the fact that some do work. Mr. X and I started out in a long-distance relationship, he in Chicago and I in Detroit. One of us drove the 4-5 hours one way to see the other each weekend, and we talked and texted a lot on the phone. We did that for about a year and a half, and we've lived together for about a year now.

Communication and seeing each other semi-frequently are the keys. Make time for each other and make sure you're open with each other about how you're feeling about things, habits, the future, et cetera. If you communicate a lot, it can help bridge the distance, and it will also make the transition to being together for reals that much easier. Yout don't want to get all of this magic going and then have it all shatter and dissipate when you're finally together.

7. Grantious

sorry chat language is a habit but i know what you mean

8. Foxed

A lot of it is up to you if it works out. If it's going good, one of you has to be willing to close the distance gap, or the relationship will die eventually.

9. secretstache09

Ha, I just made a thread a couple hours ago dealing with this same issue. I guess I didnt communicate my issue clearly enough since I was extremely tired making that post. Anyways, yes I was wondering about how me and the person I'm talking to are going to work. We really connected and I want it to go further if we can. Some good advice in this thread. I hope we can see each other and go out and stuff. He is closeted though, so that could be an issue too. Idk, just seems so surreal to me atm lol.

10. Grantious

dw guys its now over :frowning2: