1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this some kind of cosmic joke?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by seven crows, Apr 29, 2011.

1. seven crows

So, a few days after I wrote my first post here saying how confused I felt, some friends of mine started to talk about “matching me up with someone” – apparently they think I need some sex in my life. And I was like, “NO. No, thank you!”
    Except that I didn’t say it out loud. I feel like I haven’t figured myself out, and I need time to think. But I’m not ready to say things like, “I’m not even sure I’m attracted to guys!” yet.
    I hope they’ll forget the whole thing... :dry:

And a couple of days ago I meet the geekest guy ever on the train (I take the train quite often, because I’m not studying in my home town). And I'm sort of a geek myself, so I had fun! We talked about music, and books, and it turned out he has studied English too, and he gave me a CD with some songs of the band he sings in and told me about a book he has written, and we exchanged our e-mail address. He was nice, but hey, NOT ATTRACTIVE. (And he was old! Really!) :eek:
    And now I get this e-mail from him, in which he says how glad he was to have met me, and asks me if I have listened to his songs, and if I can meet him somewhere in town, like tomorrow, so he can give me a copy of the book he has written…?
    And, I don’t know, maybe I’m just reading too much into this, but the first thing I thought was “Ah please NO! Don’t start with this now!”
    I hope I didn’t give him any mixed signals. Really, because I DO NOT WANT!

The funny thing is… Usually guys never hit on me (or I don't notice! that's what my best friend told me once :rolle:slight_smile:, and my friends do not care much about my sexual life, or lack of it.
    Why start now? :bang: :bang:

(End of rant).

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

Ah ah... NO SERIOUSLY.
    I've JUST posted this, and a guy I met the other weekend in a disco sent me an SMS to ask if I was in town.
    He flirted with me the whole time, and made me damn uncomfortable, but I did give him my number. Stupid, I know. :icon_sad: I'm always too shy and embarassed to refuse.

The Universe has a strange sense of humor. :dry: :dry:

#1 seven crows, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Oh come on, give these guys a chance. Chances are good you make new friends and have a good time. At the worst, you have a really awkward experience and you have a new story to tell your friends about. I mean, the geeky guy sings songs and he's written a book, he has to be cool and at least knowledgeable about SOMETHING. It'll be an experience, live adventurously. If you're not feeling it just let them down gently and you never know, maybe this will help you figure yourself out. What do you have to lose?

3. seven crows

That's a sure thing. Apparently I always have awkward experiences to amuse my friends with. :lol:

And, I have nothing against being friends with guys! That's okay.
    But I'm always pretty awkward when I'm alone with one of them - I mean it :confused:

(And the guy of the disco... he said he was interested in me, but I'm not. Interested in him, I mean. :rolle: But I'm really NOT good at turning people down I mean, I'm not able :icon_redf)

Anyway, I'll probably meet this geeky guy when I can. (!) As long as it doesn't get awkward! :lol:

#3 seven crows, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Ahhhhhhh...I live for awkward moments. You're going to have a good time, I know it. Tell the guy from the disco that you're just not into men right now. Blow his mind tonight. ^_^

5. seven crows

You know, I might just do that... :lol: :lol:

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats friends and life for you, my friends always used to want to push me into finding a boyfriend (in the nicest possible way) I think in the end thats what pushed me into sorting my life out and figuring myself out.

7. Cathulu

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Friends are notorious for trying to hook you up with people. Within days of telling a girl I've known for several years, her immediate reaction was to discuss with me all these girls she knows. (Previously she'd tried to hook me up with every single man under the sun. Oi.)

But I have noticed that when you are unavailable (in some way, shape, or form)? You give off some kind of vibe or something. A close friend of mine, who's engaged to be married in July, had several guys in succession hit on her at a convention we were attending. She couldn't avoid it!

But in the end, I agree with some of the previous folks. Hopefully, you'll make some new friends. If not, hey, awkward stories are always fun!

8. Foxywolf

Oh this reminds me of a show I watched once. Actually when someone is unavailable, they DO give off vibes! A study that was done showed that people who were in relationships subconsciously danced, walked and talked more seductively then their single friends. I just thought that was kind of interesting.
    As for your initial question, just go with the flow, you really have nothing to loose and you could gain a really interesting friend! Also if he is interested in you in THAT way then you could just tell him you are not interested or something like that.
    I know what you mean though, about not being able to turn someone down, I feel like I am not able to do that either...