1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantly Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bambam07, Apr 29, 2011.

1. bambam07

This week alone I came out to like five different people. It wasn't a problem, it just rolled off my tongue. I've been out for like a year-ish now, and most of them were like "oh, your gay? Cool"

It's just that every time it happened, I went through this range of suddle emotions. First , I would wonder if they were homophobic, and then I'd wonder about how awkward our relationship is gonna be after they find out. Finally I would just go "whatever" because it's not like I can deny it.

Basically, it's emotionally exhausting to do that so much in one week.:icon_sad: That kind of worries me because I'll basically be doing this for the rest of my life, as I make new friends, move to new places, and the like. Does anyone else feel kind of intimidated by that thought? Any advice on dealing with it?

2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I have done a lot of coming out recently, or I guess I haven't. I've stopped denying, and I've added it to conversations that make sence, and I don't tell people that they need to hide it. Word gets around, now I've started to just assume everyone knows. It says that you are out to anyone on here. Obviously in life, you are going to meet more people and they are not going to know initially that you are gay. They will figure it out, just act like it is no big deal. If they talk to you about guys, just tell them that you aren't really into that or something. If it flows well in conversation, then tell them. If they are determined, they will figure it out anyway.

3. Foxywolf

Well the first two people I came out to didn't treat me any differently so I guess that's a good start. But think of it this way you don't HAVE to tell everyone you meet that you are gay. Also the younger population is a lot more accepting than the older population, so that's a good sign. Also apparently in college people just don't care anymore.
    I think with time it will get easier and you will stop worrying about it. Haha at least you have gotten to the point that you are open about it. I haven't even gotten to that point.

4. Oh my gosh, I hear you on this one. The way that I partially solved my constant coming out talks was just acting like everyone knew already, even if they didn't. If there were new people joining my group of friends, I would just not hesitate to add that of course Kara Thrace is the hottest space babe ever. And then if they asked if I was gay, I would of course say yes, but because I didn't have to work up to telling them, it never ended up being a big deal.

So maybe just act like everyone knows and don't be shy to talk about girls you like or things happening in the LGBT community. Or call all your guy friends "lesbros" haha.

Seriously, though, if you act like the fact that you are actually gay doesn't need to be discussed, it won't be unless the friends are really curious about gay people or unless you want to talk to them about it.

5. Foxywolf

^yes this is the right way to do it!