1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am in love with my best friend and we are both girls.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by katyhihihi, May 1, 2011.

1. katyhihihi

About a year ago, I became close to this girl, I'll call her Morgan. We were so close and we talked about everything and I became so emotionally attached to her, that when she didn't walk with me or sit by me or text me back, I would become upset. She would always do things like touch my leg or wink at me, but she did that to a lot of friends. She had a few boyfriends, and had one last summer. I knew I was in love with her, but I thought she would never love me back. I get so jealous when she hangs out with other friends and not me. I think about her all the time. She was never really affectionate with me or any other people, and for a while, I accepted that it was and always would be a good friendship. Recently though, she has been holding my hand a lot, and one day we fell asleep at a sleepover and she held me in her arms the whole night and kissed my forehead, but neither of us brought it up. Sometimes she is really affectionate with me, and other times I feel like all we would have is a friendship.
    For the record, I've been straight my whole life and I think she has too but she does things with me I feel that she doesn't with anyone else. And I'm scared because I don't know if this means that I'm lesbian and I don't know if she feels the same
    But I'm in love with her.

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    I know its hard, but try not to focus too much on the whole "am I or am I not" issue. Focus on what you feel. If you feel like you want to talk to her about it and could handle a potential negative outcome, then maybe you should. I wouldn't just blurt anything out, but maybe ask her if she does the things she does with you with other people too.

3. Tiny Catastrophe

Don't try and label yourself, it'll drive you nuts. Just go with how you feel and try and talk to her about it and see if maybe she has some feelings for you as well. I'm currently dating my best friend and she was "straight" until she met me so you never know. But like Daryn said just be prepared if it doesn't turn out the way you hoped but I would talk to her about it. Good luck and welcome to EC

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you still feel attraction to guys then I dont think it makes you a lesbian, it could mean you are bisexual or it could mean you are generally straight but with exceptions and your friend is on of them, unfortunately its not a black and white you are this or that sexuality is quite fluid, the best advice is to just go with how you feel, if you are attracted to someone then go for it regardless of the gender.

5. Hexagon

Tell her you're questioning your sexuality. It doesn't have to include labeling yourself, and it doesn't mean telling her you have feelings for her. If she's a good friend, then she'll help you through it and support you. If she's feeling the same thing, then she might tell you.

6. i need help

I agree very much with rubiks...I had a similar experience with my best guy friend...but he knew how I felt about him...but yet thinks would still happen...like some nights we would fall asleep spooning or just general cuddling...one night at another friends party I was laying on the couch and he and some girl were laying on the floor infront of the couch while she was oraly servicing him and he was holding my hand...and proceeds as far one night that he was laying in my bed with me and he took his shirt off so I could rub his shoulders so I straddled him as he laid on him stomach and rub his shoulders to his feet and everything in between, I thought i was done till he proceeded to roll over so I could rub his chest...this happened 5 nights in a row and each time I pushed it a little farther to see what would happen...I got to the point the last time to where I all but grabbed his package...then I freaked out and felt bad for "crossing the line"...we later talked about it and he said he doesn't like me like that and I asked why he didnt stop me...he response was he didn't want to hurt my feelings so I would talk about it before you push it...it will be 100x easier