1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not tooo sure what to think about him.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheWanderer, May 2, 2011.

1. TheWanderer

2 posts since my return to EC. First off and I know I have said this before but y'all are an awesome community. That being said here is the story...

I went out tonight to a bar/ restaurant, my intentions were only to get a few drinks and grab something to eat. Well I sat down next to this guy, who in my opinion is gay. thats what i thought. Well we started talking, I introduced myself and made it obvious i was interested. Not too obvious though. So we are sitting there chatting and he orders one more beer and pays his tab. My thought is well its now or never so I tell him it was nice meeting him and hope to see him again. He says the same. SWEET!!!>

He ends up getting up, at this point i think he is going to leave but, he goes to the ATM and gets more cash, sits back down next to me and orders the same thing Im having and starts taking about good beer, bad beer etc.... Im thinking cool hes into me and knows im playing for the same team. all of a sudden he pays his tab again, gets up and leaves, doesnt say bye nothing, just leaves... What gives????

did i miss my opportunity, is he not gay?? or is he playing hard to get and hoping i see him there again?

Either way I will be going back and hoping to see him again, he is wicked cute, and aside from just walking away he was very sweet and nice to be around. And that is my first attempt at meeting a guy at a bar.

thoughts?

2. Jim1454

Either way, it sounds like you did a pretty good job of chatting up another guy in a bar on your first attempt! Good for you! That's a pretty tough thing to do.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think maybe he was waiting for you to slip him your number, or ask for his, and perhaps he was too shy to offer his up to you. But I agree with Jim; you did a great job getting yourself out there... now just give it another try.

One caveat I will offer: In general, bars and clubs are not the best places if you are looking to meet someone for a meaningful, long term relationship. That's not to say it never works, but the majority of people in bars and clubs aren't thinking in terms of relationships. If anything, they tend to be thinking in terms of hookups. There are exceptions to the rule, but in general that's the case. So you might be better off, if a relationship is your goal, looking in different environments. Depending on what you like, there are hikes, book clubs, sporting teams, recreation classes, and other things that are either specifically for gay people or tend to have a large number of gay people at them. So you might want to explore something like that as a possibility in addition to checking out the bar scene.

4. zeratul

zeratul Guest

From the original description I can't even tell if this is a gay bar or not.

5. TheWanderer

not a gay bar...

Also, I agree bars probably arent the best place. but like i said it was random, my intentions were only to grab some food. either way still an experience.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well... i think you did well then, and kudos for grabbing the opportunity. Maybe next time it will be a little bit easier, even :slight_smile: