1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm like super depressed right now...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by StarofMiyu, May 2, 2011.

1. StarofMiyu

I've been living a double life for sooo long..I heard the Conservatives were elected which depressed me because I don't like how they are against same sex marriage..my dad made a comment that two faggots can't come together and have a family, as a transexual lesbian this pisses me off..people cannot change their sexual orientation..my dad says that's not true and that gay people are an abomination..this makes me so mad and depressed I feel really suicidal, I don't want a father who thinks like this..I have lesbian friends that I love, I'd be scared if they ever came to my house..

2. TheWanderer

I dont know what to say, but please hang in there, Im sure someone will be along soon to offer up some good advice. In the meantime, please try to breath. Everything does work out for the best.

3. StarofMiyu

People always say that..but life has just gotten worse since I've realized who I am. I love everything about women..I envy them for their clothes and features but I also love them because I'm a yuri

4. Jim1454

Try not to let politics get you down. I'm depressed this morning as well over the Conservatives winning a majority - total bummer. (I can't stand Steven Harper.) But I really don't believe that this government will act to change the laws around same sex marriage. That was brought around by a court decision - and I'd like to think they won't mess with that.

With respect to your dad, that IS something to be worried about. I don't blame you for being upset. However, there's not much you can do about his attitudes either. I assume you're not out to him? Coming out to him 'might' change his attitude, but you'd know better than me. It could be that you'll just have to limit the time you spend with him - and don't plan on introducing any of your lesbian friends to him. It isn't worth it.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Things get better for individuals more than holistically. The fact that you're talking about "your father" and "bringing lesbian friends over to your house" seems to indicate you're still living with your father. And that's the major problem right now, and a temporary one. Eventually, you won't be living with him, and that will remove that issue. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Hexagon

Things get better, I swear. I'm in a pretty bad place atm, but things will be looking up for me pretty soon since I'm about to go ask for HRT. Do you live with your mum? Coming out to her (if you think she'll be supportive) can help a great deal. Other than that, I'd sugest telling your friends how you feel (are you out to them?). And hang on.

7. StarofMiyu

I'm only out to my best friend..and people online and I'm never going to be out to my parents, they don't deserve the knowledge. And yeah I hate my family .__.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then just hold tight. Eyes on the prize. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. Haebaby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    One of the best pieces of advice anyone ever gave me is take things slowly, and just breathe. Even if all you're focusing on is just getting through the next five minutes. Just the next five minutes. And then you've done it, and you know you can do it, so you can do five minutes more. Don't worry about tomorrow, or next week, just those five minutes.

The other thing is if there is anyone you trust and can talk to, do. It can be hard and really scary, but it's so worth it.

Like everyone else said, the future is beautiful and the possibilities are endless, just keep holding on <3

10. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hang in there, go away to college or for work or military, and give up your homophobic family until they come around. Don't spend much time trying to convert them since you should spend your time surrounding yourself with supportive, loyal people. You can do it :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

11. StarofMiyu

I'm 16 and a fragile innocent girl..I don't wanna get shot and no one even calls me for interviewssssss

12. fiddlemiddle

fiddlemiddle Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You dont have to be an member of an conservative party to be anti gay marriage as there are conservative members that are pro gay marriages, besides there are left wing governments that are anti gay marriage and an good example is Julia Gillard who is the PM of the country and her party is an leftist party but she has stated several times she is against gay marriage. The Labor party here is like the Democratic party of the USA as Barack Obama is against gay marriages too.Although Barack Obama has said that he supports civil unions, he is against gay marriage. (In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman." )

But of course leftist parties are more open to accept gay marriages than conservative parties.

Well with regards to your father, I guess its best to wait till you move out before comming out to him. If you have not gone to PFLAG its angood place to go, as I went to an few and some of the parents were homophobic for awhile but in time they accepted their child is gay or lesbian and eventually turned up to PFLAG.

#12 fiddlemiddle, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  13. StarofMiyu

But Christianity doesn't even think homosexuality is bad, it's only people who don't know how to interpret their own book that think it's a sin.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I'm 16 and a fragile innocent girl..I don't wanna get shot and no one even calls me for interviewssssss

I know you probably meant this seriously, but it made me smile for some reason. :slight_smile:

You may be 16, but you're not as fragile as you think. Most people have a lot more inner fortitude than they think they do. I'll repeat - eyes on the prize. You want to leave your homophobic family behind. So what can you do NOW to make it easier to get out of that house later?

Lex

15. StarofMiyu

I honestly don't know...it's insanely painful living..as someone who isn't me

16. MidnightRadio

Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, does your father read? Probably not. He's most likely comfortable in his own little bubble he's created for himself and lives by the old saying "Ignorance is bliss." Stop living a double life and give him the T. If this is his way of coping with you being MtF, then I highly recommend getting out of there as soon as possible. Father or not, he has absolutely no reason to treat you that way.