1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Trouble........

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wtinal, May 3, 2011.

1. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Long story short.....My partner of 4 years and I are having relationship trouble that could mean the end of our relationship. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to make the decision whether to leave or to stay. In all the fights we have had over the last week and a half, I don't feel sad or hurt, I just feel angry and guilty. I attend counseling on a regular basis to help resolve childhood abuse issues. She attends counseling because she is bi-polar, D.I.D., and borderline. I am realizing that I feel totally stuck in this relationship. I came to the decision the other day that I needed a break from my house - my partner, my brother who is living with us, and the dogs. So, I decided to go to a friend's house for two night until my next therapy session. I found it extremely hard to do. My partner cried and cried. Whenever we talk about breaking up or separating, she cries and cries and tells me how she will be all alone, that she will never try to have another relationship as long as she lives, and other stuff like that. I fall for it every time. I ended up going to my friend's house last night, but I came home today because I could not handle all of the guilt.

Any thoughts......

2. stageone

It's unfortunate that you feel you have to take responsibility for her issues, and stay out of guilt. It is understandably hard to end something you have invested so much of yourself in (for both of you) but she is going beyond that to manipulating you. Just my opinion.
    Good luck.