1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hw help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danny19, May 3, 2011.

1. Danny19

hey guys. well i need some help with an essay. i need to write a thesis-driven argumentative research paper about a contemporary controversial issue that our country is facing and must be resolved in order to secure the future of the american dream. Well issue i chose is Gay marriage of course. you guys think you can help me think of stuff to put or any websites that can help me. i need to fill 6 pages .. thanks a lot in advance :slight_smile:

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    A kid in my class did an eight-minute speech on this. She used a lot of quotes from the Constitution and she also interviewed a lot of the openly gay students at our school. You could talk about the representation of the gay community in the media and how under-representation or mis-representation leads to a restriction of rights. Hope I can help :slight_smile:

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I wrote something like this in the form of a letter to our local representative.

I argued that it would help the economy (more weddings equals more money), I said that civil unions don't offer the same rights as marriage, I said that marriage is more recognized, and I said that marriage's purpose is not to have children (contrary to what many people believe) and I followed that up with statistics.

Good luck! Hope that was helpful

4. Ethan A

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Since you live in California you might want to do it on Prop 8. As you probably know Prop 8 banned gay marriage in California, but it's recently been ruled unconstitutional. It's pending appeal right now and if the ruling is upheld, gay marriage will be legal in California again.