1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liking a straight guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LumpyPrince, May 7, 2011.

1. LumpyPrince

LumpyPrince Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I really really like this guy k. The problem is, he's straight. I know this because I had my friend c go up to him and talk about what an amazing person I am and he was like well that's cool but I'm not gay. But I still really like him, and he jokes about me liking him like sometimes he texts me and is like hey cutie :wink: and like at school does things like slap my butt and hold my hand but then he's like Jk Im not gay. And all his friends do the same to make fun of me but i can't help liking him:/ he's really nice when he's not pretending to flirt with me and sometimes we talk but idk what to do.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't do anything, really. :slight_smile: He's a nice straight guy who doesn't mind being friends with a gay guy, and who presumably appreciates the attention of a guy who thinks he's cute. (When a straight woman thinks I'M cute - and yes, it's happened - I'm awfully flattered, even though I know nothing will come of it.) So just enjoy being his friend, and if you find yourself obsessing over him, give yourself some room, and find some gay guys to focus your attention on. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is not a unique issue. Stay friends, you'll eventually find someone else.

4. titaniumCloset

Try to be "just friends", but if it hurts too much to be just friends, then maybe stray away. I have had two huge/gigantic crushes on two different straight friends, like I really love them, so I had to distance myself from them temporarily to not feel so sad that I couldnt have them.