1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel suicidal

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LumpyPrince, May 7, 2011.

1. LumpyPrince

LumpyPrince Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dad is constantly saying the most homophobic things around me always because he doesint know about me but my mom knows and she just sits there and doesint do anything about. My brothers constantly ridicule me and I feel unwanted and like i don't belong in my house. Im seriously sitting here in my mind repetitively saying I'm going to kill myself. I need help.

2. zerogravity

My dad always said homophobic things too - maybe if he knew he wouldn't say those things? Try to get out of your room if you feel this way - do something different like shoot hoops or go biking. You will feel different tomorrow, or the next day - it sounds like you are having a really bad day.

3. HantsBen

Is there a reason you have not told your dad but everyone else knows, I wouldnt let it get to you things will be different tommorow

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm sorry that you are going through all of this. Have you tried asking your mom if she could say something or intervene should your dad say something homophobic? Given that you are out to most people around you, how do you feel about the thought of coming out to your dad? Sometimes, once parents know that one of their child is LGBT, they start assessing their statements and stop saying homophobic things.

Also, when your brothers start ridiculing you, maybe try speaking up and tell them how this makes you feel.

Whenever you feel down, or feel that everything is falling apart around you, call a friend, talk to that friend. It might help you a bit. Try also to talk to someone like a teacher or a counselor at your school so that you have an outlet. Don't try to internalize everything. (*hug*)

#4 Mirko, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  5. stageone

If he knew, he would be more aware of what he was saying... doesn't necessarily mean he would stop it. I'm sorry you are feeling this way right now. It does pass & get better.

6. StarofMiyu

I'm in the same boat as you and it makes me just as mad and depressed. You just have to deal with it until you can move out if possible.