1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i know if somebody is gay/bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gleeko0, May 9, 2011.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well..there is this one guy at school, he is really cute and we don't really talk too much but when we talk it goes well...I don't talk too much with him because i'm not out yet to all my friends and i fear what might happen if people figure it out (i'm like super scared)...so i'm in this very delicated situation..

I think he is a person worth trying the experience...but i don't know if he is bi/gay, i noticed he (rarely) looks at me and he slapped my butt...once, well twice. Once we were at media class, and the teacher told us to lay in the ground (we watched a movie) and..i noticed he came just by my side (not really VERY close) and stood there, when i noticed he was there and when he noticed i noticed him, he started to act different, he poked me once (i don't know why) maybe to try to attract attention? and when the class ended he asked me to help him stand up..and..well, he looked at me in a different way when i did. I don't know if it is just me but stuff like that just keeps happening and i'm confused. So..i can't tell him i'm bi because nobody other than 2 of my friends (best-friends, female.) know it, and trusting someone is really hard to a person like me...just wanted to know if there are any ways.

Sorry for my english, it isn't my main language...and God-bless this wonderful community. I've been here since yesterday, but i decided to join today, only ^^

---------- Post added 9th May 2011 at 05:02 PM ----------

note: i never made out with a guy, and he really turns me on, lol.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The general rule is this. If you want to know if somebody is gay, tell them you're gay first. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    Well, the truth is that there really isn't a clear-cut way to know if someone is gay or bi unless they tell you. My advice would be to figure out what to do about your own situation first before trying to start a relationship with someone.

4. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ya, thanks a lot guys i will think about it.

5. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Hmm things like this are difficult to understand in High School. Im really sorry, and first of all I would like to tell you that I empathize for you.
    As Lex and Daryn have said, the one true way of knowing if someone likes boys is if they tell you. That is really difficult in High School, considering the judgement that is evident all around you. Telling him that you yourself are gay is a great way to find out. Consider asking somewhere that the two of you are pretty secluded, and somewhere that he would feel safe.

Also some key indicators for future reference that you can add to you gay-dar are:
    -if someone is dating a (larger) girl
    -if someone refuses to label their sexuality
    -if they are into theatre
    -if they look at boys allot
    -if they have never kissed a girl or been with a girl
    -if they dress gay, or act gay
    -and if they hit on you :grin: